Post pictures of your Land Rover.

DblD

Adventurer
Howdy River Guide,
Thanks for the kind words about the Discovery. I’m in Springfield and you’ve hit some of the best places in Southwest Missouri. Can I assume by the places you go that you fish for trout? If so, check out the white river below Bull Shoals dam near Mountain Home, AR sometime. There is a resort called Gaston’s and I promise that you will not be disappointed. Here’s a link:
http://www.gastons.com/

dd

riverguide

Adventurer
yea white river...never fished it. Gaston's...never been there either but I've heard of it. You'd be correct about the trout fishing..

I've driven through Springfield more times than I can count in the last 25 yrs on the way to some Cards games and back.

Great place.

cipioxx

Observer
1998 Disco at OBX Aug 08

This pics was taken on a family vacation last week. The truck did a decent job on the sand and also driving from Philly to NC and back. I put over 1000 miles on the Disco last week.

cipioxx

Observer
one more from OBX...

Here is one more pic with my wifes' Durango next to the Discovery. In regards to the amber lights, my factory mounts were rusted out and I didn't have the $$$ to replace them so I found a pair of unopened 35w amber lights at a flea market and installed them to the factory wiring. They cost me $4.00 and the bumper mounted KCs were like $8.00. I am on a very strict budget if you couldn't already tell.

cipioxx

Observer
Thanks riverguide. I am planning on going back next year. I am going to start working my Grand Wagoneer and hopefully find a way to tow it down there. It doesn't need much work, but with a 3spd tranny, driving 360+ miles wouldn't be too much fun or fuel efficient. The Disco did good on the ride down and back. It doesn't get the best mileage(slightly better than the Durango), but it seems to be reliable.

michaelgroves

Explorer
DblD said:
Glamour Shot

1218403190_disco080808.jpg

I celebration of rolling over 165k miles the old gal got washed today.

Yes, a nice looking Disco... don't often see them with Wolf wheels - far better than the original Disco steels, IMO. Are they the tubeless version of the Wolf rim?

DblD

Adventurer
michaelgroves said:
Yes, a nice looking Disco... don't often see them with Wolf wheels - far better than the original Disco steels, IMO. Are they the tubeless version of the Wolf rim?

Yep, tubeless Wolf rims. I didn’t realize how heavy duty these things were until I received them. Center steel in the wheel is 1/4in. thick or better.

dd

Stock Tyres

Observer
DblD said:
Yep, tubeless Wolf rims. I didn’t realize how heavy duty these things were until I received them. Center steel in the wheel is 1/4in. thick or better.

dd

Did you ever weigh a wheel and tire combo? I've been looking for an answer for ages but you know the internets....

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles