Overland Suspension Upgrades 2012 Tacoma DC 4x4

devortex

Adventurer
I plan to build my new Taco into a very capable overland truck to support vehicle dependent exploration. I need to upgrade the load capacity of the suspension to handle the additional weight of a winch bumper, RTT, extra fuel/ water, expedition gear etc. I would prefer not to raise the overall height of the truck much. The type of trekking that I do doesn't require huge ground clearance and I'm not interested in heavy duty rock crawling. I would also like to retain as much of the stock suspension (control arms etc.) as possible so that replacement/ repair in remote areas is a straight forward as possible. I am willing to sacrifice some ride quality in order to maximize load capacity. I'm interested in the group's suggestions based on these parameters.

Zac808

Observer
^^^Yep. I would recommend all pro expedition springs for the rear though.

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar. ;)

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Basically everyone recommends what they have. I would go with adjustable coilovers up front so that you can adjust to around 1.5 inches of lift. The back would probably need custom springs. I suggest this cause you stated you didnt want much lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles