Opinions on rally style mudflaps (good Pic)

A-Bingaman

What is the general opinion on these style of mudflaps on an expo rig. These have been around for a long time. I have only seen them on one truck in person, and thought it looked good. I was thinking of making my own to look similar.

Attachments

• 360070.jpg
    360070.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 512

penangtoy

Adventurer
I have seen many of these in the San Gabriel valley where many asians like them but not me. I find them tacky!

4xdog

Explorer
Susquehanna Motorsports sells the urethane sheeting used by rallycar builders to make these flaps. in red or black here.

A little too Dakar for my taste, but, hey, it's your vehicle.

Don

2007 Frankfurt Auto Show
1186336993_hdi9q-L.jpg

Last edited:

keezer37

Explorer
I think I'd like them for about six months. Then they'd look bling.

Go to NAPA, buy a couple truck flaps (small), $11.XX each and cut your own. Thick, flexible, and lasts forever.

DukeyFlaps.jpg

Homegrown

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I don't mean to hurt your feelings but that style looks tacky and would most likely be seen on a vehicle that ventured no further than a National Park parking lot or a blingy rally car.

Trucks that are wheeled off-road will see terrain that will often detach mud flaps.

That said, some state vehicle codes require rear flaps which has spawned a lot of novel methods for detachable rear flaps; attached for over-the-road travel - detached at the trail head for overland travel.

NOTE* Except for Zolo's Tacoma Ute - he is a mud flap GOD!

Last edited:

A-Bingaman

No hurt feelings here. I do have a lot of exposed tire in the rear. I think I would have trouble mounting some to my front fiberglass anyway. Thanks for the input.

97discosd

Adventurer
I have to say all this negativity towards mud/dirt flaps is lame. If I coul d keep a set on my discovery I would! Loved having them. My dilemma is in can't keep the rears on. They keep getting ripped off. Kudos on the flaps

subytoy

Observer
I like them! I like the Dakar look and rally cars in general. I have them on the rear of my Subaru (had them on the front, too but I had mounted them too low and they hit the road too many times).
I wouldn't put them or any mudflaps on a rock crawler, but I don't have a rock crawler.
To each their own.

Craig

zolo

Explorer
I don't mean to hurt your feelings but that style looks tacky and would most likely be seen on a vehicle that ventured no further than a National Park parking lot or a blingy rally car.

Trucks that are wheeled off-road will see terrain that will often detach mud flaps.

That said, some state vehicle codes require rear flaps which has spawned a lot of novel methods for detachable rear flaps; attached for over-the-road travel - detached at the trail head for overland travel.

HEY!! You said you liked mine.....lol...:)

Attachments

• tt1.JPG
    tt1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116

TangoBlue

American Adventurist

NOTE* Except for Zolo's Tacoma Ute - he is a mud flap GOD!

HEY!! You said you liked mine.....lol...:)

Damned internet! Foiled by my own words!

Corrected it for you... It's the TEQ flaps - irresistible - the rest of your truck looks like hell. ;)

Seriously, the style - red PU flaps are too blingy to me for a truck that goes off road. I'm not against flaps - I kind of wish I had flaps for all the crap my tires kick up on the side of the truck, but they just ended up getting torn off. After the big trip I had so much road tar...

Not everyone drives their truck the same or in the same places.
I'm not a fan of cleaning mud from under my truck. I don't like flinging rocks either.

The red Jaos mudflaps that the OP shows are laughable. Color and price. A black mudflap is fine.

Hell, these flaps are awesome! I'm going to work out a similar set for the monty. :drool::Wow1: :xxrotflma

IMG_1165.jpg

A-Bingaman

Well I do prefer the look of the rally style as compared to big rig flaps. I love the look of rally flaps that are available for subies and such. Unfortunately appearance is big to me. My original intention was a black flap with a similar look and cable tie back like the pic. This would eliminate the color issue as well as the price.

zolo

Explorer
Damned internet! Foiled by my own words!

Corrected it for you... It's the TEQ flaps - irresistible - the rest of your truck looks like hell. ;)

Seriously, the style - red PU flaps are too blingy to me for a truck that goes off road. I'm not against flaps - I kind of wish I had flaps for all the crap my tires kick up on the side of the truck, but they just ended up getting torn off. After the big trip I had so much road tar...

********...Yeah my factory flaps lasted like a week. I tried running these TEQs with the factory bed and my old set up. I ripped them off that way also.

With the flatbed I installed them mainly because I didn't build a boxed in area for the rear LED lights, So the wiring and back of the LEDs are exposed to whatever debris the tires kick up. I also mounted them extra high so as not get ripped off but still help said lights.
So far so good.

On some rigs they look the part and work, other rigs they get left behind.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
This thread is a massive fail!

Two pages on mud flaps and I have to be the first one to post this?

mud_flaps2.jpg

:elkgrin::elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles