07 taco newb confused

So before i get told to use the search feature, been there done that. I was just wondering if I could get a set of bil. 5100s for the front to level out my 07 tacoma, using stock coils. if so what should the setting be? Can i run a 265/75r16 on the stock wheels with minimal trimming? with the vehicle being so poular, the answers are endless i know, but overwhelming as well. just trying to get straight facts

cheers
Lumpy

Zac808

Observer
So before i get told to use the search feature, been there done that. I was just wondering if I could get a set of bil. 5100s for the front to level out my 07 tacoma, using stock coils. if so what should the setting be? Can i run a 265/75r16 on the stock wheels with minimal trimming? with the vehicle being so poular, the answers are endless i know, but overwhelming as well. just trying to get straight facts

cheers
Lumpy

Yes, you can use 5100's w/ stock springs. The 1.75" notch should do the trick.

thanks guys again!! so much info, hard to decipher what you are looking for. but 4 identical answers works for me.

Eventually we will be installing and all-pro expedition leaf pack(pulling a small camper in the summer, and a trailer with 2 sleds come winter) and probably OME coils up front to compensate for the bumper/winch combo i am working on right now. Actually kinda nice being able to do things in stages, rather than being stuck with one lift right away. Front diff drop necessary for 1.75" option??

downhill

Adventurer
I would stay away from a diff drop. As far as the expo leaf pack, I have that on my truck. I'm very happy with them but the claim that they are designed for an aditional 400 LBs over stock is a bit off. My rear axle goes over the scales at 2,700 LBs (07 Access Cab) and the springs still give 3.25 inches of lift. Unless you have the weight, I wouldn't advise getting them. They make a regular pack which would be better for most I think. Probably the best is a custom pack from Alcan unless you happen to match up well as I did. First you need an accurate weight number. I ran airbags until I had the build done. Not ideal, but I could goose them up as I went along. Once I had a final weight I could choose a spring.

RyanPont

Adventurer
If you havent already stumbled across TacomaWorld, I suggest you take a look. They too have alot of excellent information on every possible combo lift a Tacoma could run, as well as just about anything else your looking to do.

Ryan

tank87

I'm running the same setup now. 5100 at 1.75" stock coils. Bought them through http://www.bilsteincanada.com worth a look, saves you the trouble of paying duties ( I see you're in Canada). 1.75" will level you out and you don't have to worry about getting your alignment right (I know some people have trouble with their alignment at 2.5" without new upper control arms)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94