!CAMPER EXTENSION IDEAS! Tacoma DC

Butcher54

Adventurer
Hey Guys, Im looking at getting a 01-04 Tacoma DC, Ive built a low profile rack for my brothers truck so his RTT wouldnt sit higher than the cab. but with this Tacoma I want to go with a camper shell, and do the whole wood platform with the pull outs for storage. I have looked through the camper thread a while back but wanted to keep this a pic/idea thread for the DC tacomas. Wanted to see peoples ideas for extending the leg room in the camper. Ive seen the whole bug net idea, just looking for something "better". I know I could sleep diagonally or just bend my legs but may have 2 people in there at once.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
IMHO it would suck trying to contort into that space, especially with 2 people. Plus, TX weather conditions can change on a dime from sunny to stormy. I'd look at a shell sturdy enough to put on load bars and mount an RTT on it - comfort really makes the trip a lot more pleasant. Unless you want practice being miserable.

Butcher54

Adventurer
ya weather can be crazy here. I figured once i built the platform over the wheel wells I would be fine with sleeping diagonally on 2-3 night trips. Had a 7 night trip a while back and the RTT was nice to climb up to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles