Need suspension advice for my 2007 Tacoma

nat

Adventurer
I have a 2007 Double Cab Tacoma 4x4. It is my daily driver, but I want to set it up for overland adventures too. I have a 1972 FJ55 Toyota Landcruiser that is built to be a wheeler, but it isn’t ideal for carting the family around.

The Tacoma has just the stock (non TSB) rear leaf springs and of course stock front coils and shocks.

So far I have done the AUX input mod, added a soft top and snorkel.

I am unsure which suspension I want to go with. Likely I will stay close to the stock tire size as I need to try and keep my mileage as good as I can. I get around 18-19 for everyday driving. I love the way the trucks look with a 3” lift and bigger tires, but I fear I will lose too much.

I want to improve my suspension. I carry loads in the bed and tow trailers. I will be adding a front bumper and winch and also a rear bumper with a swing out tire carrier. I am also going to build a drawer system and will have a roof top tent.

I really like OME stuff, its what I have on my Landcruiser. I wanted to try and keep the lift under 3” but improve it for my uses.

What are the best options for suspension? Any help and suggestions and web links is appreciated!

zolo

Explorer
You answered your own question my friend.
Load capacity, ride quality, and not to much lift............. OME is your best option. The prices are nice compared to Coil-overs and remote res rear shox..

There are about a million threads pertaining to this topic for the Tacoma.

WASURF63

Adventurer
886 Front / Dakar HD Rear. I ran that exact set up on my '08 Tacoma DC with 700-800lbs of extra weight, and again on my '10 Tacoma DC LB with ATFP + 500lbs. Fully capable w/ a nice off and on road ride. My .02

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Another vote for OME, never have a customer comment on regrets following an OME setup. They are simple, reliable and they work. No doubt you can get more 'performance' out of adjustable coil overs, etc, but they don't have the longevity that the OME products offer and when your travels land you in the middle of nowhere far from a shock rebuilder, that counts. My not so unbiased 2 cents :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles