Dual Pivot Kaymar w/ LH tire carrier for 80 series TX

Rippin

Observer
Looking to sell my Kaymar which has been a great bumper. Very solid.

The bumper has been due for paint, but I had my mind set on powder coating until now. Now I want to sell it. You will see some mild damage in some of the pictures, but I am having it straightened before delivery. So check out these pictures...

NewTires010.jpgright side bumper.jpgLeft side bumper.jpgdents2.jpgLeft wing.jpg

$1500 or best offer.

Rippin

Observer
The aluminum diamond step plate was powder coated black when the bumper was first bought.

I was quoted $75 to repair the dents, $75-100 to sand blast and $150 to powder coat. I am repairing the dents. I am sure that one could clean it up and paint it for cheap. Powder coating is nice, but much more expensive.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
I have a dual swing Kaymar and can speak to the quality. Well made units. Mine has taken several knocks and still works just fine. At the powdercoaters now as well...

-Sam

Rippin

Observer
I agree. This bumper was fantastic. Very solid and good looks. I especially like the way the tire carrier operates compared to others I have seen.

I am selling it since I no longer tow anything and there are some other things I want. Selling this bumper is the right thing for me to do at this point.

jessejman

Adventurer
How heavy is this bumper? I'm working through what it would cost to ship it to TN. It is bolt on after you remove the factory xmember? Thanks, jesse

Rippin

Observer
How heavy is this bumper? I'm working through what it would cost to ship it to TN. It is bolt on after you remove the factory xmember? Thanks, jesse

The bumper and tire carrier were shipped to me separately. The bumper alone is approximately 130 lbs. The tire carrier is 60-80 lbs. I suppose they could be shipped as one. Obviously business address to business address is the way to go for savings.

It is 100% bolt on. The only thing that needs removed are the plastic stock bumper wings. The bumper than bolts up directly to the xmember for a very tight fit.

Thank you for your interest,
Bret

Rippin

Observer
If I were to keep this bumper I would be looking to replace the integrated tail light lenses with these clear LEDs for reverse lighting. Although they are oval it appears that the rubber grommet would provide a positive seal over the 2 existing holes.

You can get the same style of clear led oval tail lights as running/stop/turn, but I think it would be nice to have more reverse light back there...

Or just keep using what's there.

Rippin

Observer
I will accept 1300 for the bumper/tire combination as-is if the buyer has the stock bumper pieces to trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78