The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

Overland Hadley

on a journey
img1477g.jpg

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Looking at the above pic it seems as though the cabover section sits well forward. Is this normal for the model or due to an increase in bed size you ordered?

Here is a link to the FWC interior 360* view of a shell model. http://www.panowelten.de/index_htm_files/WK2-WEB_out.swf

That might help more than photos of my interior as my shell is not finished like normal shells.

What a cool link. I missed this the first time you posted it. Only a little bit more costly for a shell model than my flippac. Ugh hindsight.

Question regarding your rig vs someone who may have a 09+. I have a back up camera and use it a lot. I love the damn thing. Having a FWC on would eliminate the tailgate and the backup cam. Do you know if FWC offers a backup camera option or could rig something up to hook up to the stock wiring. You may not have the answer but someone else here may. I can't imagine backing up in tight areas on hillsides/trails and not having that ability. Guess I'm spoiled.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Looking at the above pic it seems as though the cabover section sits well forward. Is this normal for the model or due to an increase in bed size you ordered?

I have the standard extended cabover.

What a cool link. I missed this the first time you posted it. Only a little bit more costly for a shell model than my flippac. Ugh hindsight.

I looked into getting a FlipPac, but you probably read the post on why I decided on a FWC. (here)

Question regarding your rig vs someone who may have a 09+. I have a back up camera and use it a lot. I love the damn thing. Having a FWC on would eliminate the tailgate and the backup cam. Do you know if FWC offers a backup camera option or could rig something up to hook up to the stock wiring. You may not have the answer but someone else here may. I can't imagine backing up in tight areas on hillsides/trails and not having that ability. Guess I'm spoiled.

Yes you are spoiled. I use the ''reverse and pray'' method.

I am sure you could hook up a reverse camera on the FWC. Maybe you could get a junkyard camera from the tailgate and mount it on the FWC, hooking it directly into the factory wiring. So when you put the camper on you would just use the camera mounted on the camper instead of the one on the tailgate.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
snip...
I am sure you could hook up a reverse camera on the FWC. Maybe you could get a junkyard camera from the tailgate and mount it on the FWC, hooking it directly into the factory wiring. So when you put the camper on you would just use the camera mounted on the camper instead of the one on the tailgate.

I have a back-up camera on my Tundra and really like it (surprisingly). However, it's been off for months because my tailgate it off for the camper. I have not pursued my ideas yet, but I plan to do what Hadley has stated above: obtain and OE camera, mount it on the rear of my camper, and wire it into the OE harness.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
That table system is very nice, I think it could be a standard option from FWC.

Agreed. It would be something of a game changer with the factory interior of the camper, but they seem stuck on the ''classic'' style table. Luckily it is something that can easily be changed.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Just like I enjoy seeing the end grain of baltic birch, I like to see the fasteners, so I have not tried to hide them. I have been very careful to use all stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts. And I install them like finish work, so all of the screw heads are lined up. (I know this look is not for everyone, but I like the industrial ''loft'' style.)

img1519h.jpg

MakersTeleMark

Adventurer
Speaking of stickers, here's a real old one, when a sense of humor was more important than page views:

Attachments

• IMG_3462.JPG
    IMG_3462.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears