The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
There's an Alaskan camper looking semi forlorn in a yard on the east side of Lake Mary Road as you head out of Flagstaff toward the Expo venue at Mormon Lake Lodge. Maybe the current owner would be glad to see it go for 50 bucks.

Or maybe not.

Looking forward to seeing you too, Lance.

L57

We're Ready

20090914-_LLN2539.jpg

Thanks to all for the hardwork of organizing the Expo. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Excited to be starting out with a new to me FWC. See you all there.
Coming from Pennsylvania.

Uglyduck

Adventurer
I'm heading out there along with a bunch of other locals. Staying with some comrades that have space out there and I'm an open book if you need some local info.

I was worried as last year was REALLY windy for several weeks around that time but the weather has been awesome so far this year.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I’ll be there too with a few other friends and Expo members (Coloradobill and 1leglance). Looking forward to meeting many new friends and just hanging out with like minded people. Sure to be a good time!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Just got a word that Caribbean Rovers will be there - Ricardo and Nathan coming from Puerto Rico!

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have been holding off on a number of purchases so I can check out stuff at the Expo...and I really hope there will be some show specials and merch on site to take away.
Especially with our pending Oz trip I wonder if the Moon's will have any of their books with them?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Especially with our pending Oz trip I wonder if the Moon's will have any of their books with them?

Ron and Viv are in the midst of a circumnavigation, but in addition to their scheduled presentations they have reserved a booth. I'll check to see if they'll have books. It will be great to meet them in person; they're hugely respected and liked.

elnocho

Caribbean Rovers Expeditions

Thanks for the shout-out, Christian! Ricardo and I will definitely be there. It'll be his second year, and my first. We're looking forward to seeing everyone and to a great event!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Bruce from Kimberley is flying in from OZ and I'll have my Glamper1 Karavan on display there along with a new Kamper model that was imported for a US buyer.

Looking forward to it. :wings:

Pig-Camp-Cedar-Springs-2012-1-L.jpg

Last edited:

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Lance, I just talked to Ron and they do have a few books along ("About six of each, I think."). I'd catch them early then . . .

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I just made all my arrangement to ride to the Expo from Prescott on my bike. I found a route that's 95% dirt with a good chunk of singletrack in between. It'll make for a nice 265 mile weekend! Wooo!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Jonathan, thanks for checking with the Moon's, every review of their books is positive and I have looked over an older version and really like the style.

Flounder, that is crazy cool that you will put in those kind of miles while doing the Expo...I will be thinking of you as I relax in my camp chair :)

My goal is to come up Friday afternoon and leave Sunday am...I just hope that is enough time to catch up with everyone and check out the cool stuff.

Again huge thanks to Roseann & Jonathan for all the hard work behind the scenes that goes into this, very nice to see it grow each year and remain the top event for our community in the USA....just imagine what it will be like for the 10th annual event.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
We'll be debuting a very promising pop-top sleeping system for the 80-Series Land Cruiser at this year's Expo, from Campteq in Colorado. Clamps to the rain gutters; access is either from inside through the front or rear sunroof, or from the outside. Very low highway profile.

Campteq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78