The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
We cannot wait! We have the recipies picked out for the overland cooking daily demo. We too are thinking about the north rim! See you guys there.

I hope you're not looking for quiet. I'm sure you'll have no problem attracting neighbors at your campsite.

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
OX '12

We plan to be there on Friday & Saturday. Will drive our Jeep & tow trlr with either R100 GS/PD &/or DR 350.
Any other "AirHeads" going to be there?
It is prime dualSport country...

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
We plan to be there on Friday & Saturday. Will drive our Jeep & tow trlr with either R100 GS/PD &/or DR 350.
Any other "AirHeads" going to be there?
It is prime dualSport country...

Oh, there will be a ton of "Airheads" there, you can count on it. :elkgrin:

Just saying....:sombrero:

Puddles

Expo 2012 May 18/20 2012

Once again I am unable to attend the Expo this year. I have a single vehicle booking for the three days and have signed up for the major driving courses workshops (those that need pre registration anyway). The cost is $250 for the booking. I will inform the organizers of the change as soon as the deal is closed. I will also forward the final Attendee Information (with the Participant Release of liability form, camping instructions, full program etc.

As time is short please contact me directly at robsturgess@gmail.com or cal me at (713) 781 1889. I can accept PayPal (use my email address) but their 3.5% fee should be added to the booking fee ($257.50 total).

The organizers have also been informed of this (Roseann Hanson - roseann@overlandexpo.com)

Cheers and have a GREAT time.

Rob Sturgess

List of Events for which I have signed up:

Friday May 18
Overland Driving Skills & Awareness 9 a.m.
Advanced Driving: Water Crossings 1 p.m.
Advanced Driving: Automatic Transmission Skills 3 p.m.

Saturday May 19
Advanced Driving: Cross-axle Obstacles and Ledges 10 a.m.
Advance Driving: Failed Hill Climbs 1 p.m.
Advanced Tire Repair 3 p.m.

Sunday May 20
See the show!
BBQ Dinner 4 p.m.

Last edited:

roamingaz

Explorer
I'll be there and should be easy to spot with my bright yellow Tentrax.
We'll be leaving Friday afternoon sometime, anyone else heading north around the same time?

loup407

Adventurer
Our Horizon is already packed. Thanks to everyone involved; events like this involve a lot of hard work that no one sees. See you all soon.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Hey folks, the family and I just got back from scouting some of the area around Mormon Lake for one of the classes, and you all are in for a treat. If you havent been to Northern Arizona, specically the Flagstaff/Mogollon Rim, then you are in for some absolutely beautiful scenery....you perception of AZ won't be the same if you arent from around here.

I'm really looking forward to people coming to this event.

See y'all in a few weeks!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great to hear on the vendors & gear for sale...
Better news on all the old friends I will get to see and the new friends I will get to make...

Gonna be a great time!

t4rman

Adventurer
Going to be my first time. Really looking forward to meeting some neat people and learning as much as I can.

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
I need some parts transport help. Anyone coming through Kansas City, willing to p/u an upper tailgate for a RRC and bring it to Overland Expo? I can be reached at mmmalone40 at gmail dot com or on this thread or PM or whatever. :)

Thanks for the help, hope everyone is on schedule.

Mike and Myles

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
OVX Rendezvous

The Conspiracy is coming out in force with 4 Chapters converging on OVX - Virginia, Los Angeles, Phoenix and San Diego :costumed-smiley-007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle

Members online