Show your Thumper!!

Hound

Sheepdog
I always have Sundays and Monday off, so that's the best for me. As far as Pachaug is concerned I know there are very specific trails. Rhode Trip on here has done them as far as I know from trip reports on ADV.

I like the idea of going on a Monday so as not to deal with any crowds. I tried to look up the Pachaug thread on ADV. Not sure if I found the right one, but I saw some pretty gnarly trail pictures... I have rode my fair share of gnarly trails and usually enjoy them as long as the sweat to fun ratio is reasonable. It would obviously be ideal if we could get someone to join us who has first hand experience with the trail system at Pachaug. Considering we have some interest on this thread, I am going to start a new thread in the regional expo forum so as not to clog this thread up any further with our logistics.

That sounds like a good plan Hound, I've been down to Pachaug plenty of times but haven't gotten around to it by bike yet. What part of CT are you in? I'm in Mansfield so like half hour or so from there...

I'm in the western part of the state, but I don't mind traveling. We've got some terrific dirt roads out here with beautiful scenery; a true dualsporters dream. Love your rig by the way. I miss my F150 sometimes... Would love to see your FWC too, as I hope to go that route someday.

I like the idea of going on a Monday so as not to deal with any crowds. I tried to look up the Pachaug thread on ADV. Not sure if I found the right one, but I saw some pretty gnarly trail pictures... I have rode my fair share of gnarly trails and usually enjoy them as long as the sweat to fun ratio is reasonable. It would obviously be ideal if we could get someone to join us who has first hand experience with the trail system at Pachaug. Considering we have some interest on this thread, I am going to start a new thread in the regional expo forum so as not to clog this thread up any further with our logistics.

I'm in the western part of the state, but I don't mind traveling. We've got some terrific dirt roads out here with beautiful scenery; a true dualsporters dream. Love your rig by the way. I miss my F150 sometimes... Would love to see your FWC too, as I hope to go that route someday.

Go for it. I love the western part anyways and have yet to poke around on the bike. As far as Pachaug, I know Rhode Trip has lots of bike experience in that area.

Hound

Sheepdog
Go for it. I love the western part anyways and have yet to poke around on the bike. As far as Pachaug, I know Rhode Trip has lots of bike experience in that area.

Alright,I started a new thread in the regional expo forum. Please chime in when you have a moment, Phil. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/82798-Any-CT-NY-MA-RI-dualsport-riders-out-there

Anytime (that I'm not working that is) you want to hit some dirt roads in my neck of the woods, just let me know.

Brian011952

1007112018b2.jpg

This is my HUsaberg 10 months and 4000 miles ago. Since then, I've been modifying, and getting everything in order for a 5000 mile ride in 2013 from my home to Inivuk NWT and back to my home. This is my exploration vehicle.

Last edited:

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Sunday's ride on the Zero Ton Bridge (in front of a mini Mt. Rushmore?)
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

Yes I wear a lot of gear. It helped a lot when I low-sided hard and nailed my shoulder/arm yesterday..

KELLEVRA

Observer
1991 TW200

I just picked up a 1991 TW200 the other day for 700 bucks, but it needs a lot of love. These are just a few pics of it. I will start a build thread when I get around to restore it, but since it isnt even on the priority list so itll be a while.:bike_rider:

Jims 9-11-12 001.jpgJims 9-11-12 002.jpgJims 9-11-12 003.jpg

KELLEVRA

Observer
1999 KLR 650

Just picked up another bike on the cheap about 1900 bucks 1999 KLR650 with 13900 miles. I hope to have it registered by next week so I can start saving money getting back and forth to work:) But it also needs the caburator gone through.

KLR 004.jpgKLR 003.jpg

RHINO

Expedition Leader
I hope to have it registered by next week so I can start saving money getting back and forth to work:) But it also needs the caburator gone through.

now you know you dont actually start saving money till the gas price difference offsets the investment, have you figured about how long that will take?:sombrero:

ddog45

Adventurer
my thumper

My 2005 xr650r may be for sale if anyone is interested. Its all dressed up with wolfman bags and a fancy headlight.

Cody1771

Explorer
now you know you dont actually start saving money till the gas price difference offsets the investment, have you figured about how long that will take?:sombrero:

when im in refit int he winter i commute 65km a day, i spend upwards of $300 per month in my X5 and about $$30 if i take my Vstrom :D haha, it really wont take long to make back that $1900... untill he starts in with the farkles

cocco78

Adventurer
My new bike, 05 F650GS Dakar with 5300 miles, just picked it up.

47237_4029844863631_1757820201_n.jpg

Also just picked up an 07 Suziki DR200 for the wife.

Image_02.jpg

And my 04 XR250R for when I want to have some fun in the woods

250205_3964837598490_695545308_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior