Power Wagon Rock sliders rails

fcfred

I just got these new Sleekster Rock Sliders on my Dodge crewcab. Mine is a 2010 diesel, but they'll also work on a PW. a little different than some, these attach to the body and have a cool step in the back for access to the camper, or bed.

dodge sliders.jpg

notajeep

Observer
Here is a set that I installed.

t1.jpg

fjrohrs

Adventurer
If they attach to the body they won't make a very good rock slider. Look like a good option though in terms of ground clearance and still maintaining a step.

notajeep

Observer
All Jeep rock sliders attach to the body. And they do work well.
Is body mounted better than frame mounted? Probably not, but it is a viable option.

fjrohrs

Adventurer
I sincerely hope they do work as intended however a Jeep is much much lighter with less sheet metal inbetween the wheels. Coming from Toyota's I don't know of any that bolt to the body like I have seen on Jeeps.

fjrohrs

Adventurer
Sorry Fred, didn't mean to spread misinformation in your thread.

Typically a rock slider will bolt to the frame since it's much thicker and is less likely to bend as the weight of the vehicle pushes against the slider. If you bolt directly to the body, similar to most running boards, when the weight of the vehicle is pushing up versus the weight of a person is pushing down, you will bend your sheet metal. Jeeps do have this option and possibly other manufacturers where there is thick metal that bolts directly to the sheet metal and do function perfectly.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...ul before using them as a slider, that's all.

Gunnar1971

Sorry Fred, didn't mean to spread misinformation in your thread.

Typically a rock slider will bolt to the frame since it's much thicker and is less likely to bend as the weight of the vehicle pushes against the slider. If you bolt directly to the body, similar to most running boards, when the weight of the vehicle is pushing up versus the weight of a person is pushing down, you will bend your sheet metal. Jeeps do have this option and possibly other manufacturers where there is thick metal that bolts directly to the sheet metal and do function perfectly.

DSC00972.jpg

This is an example of those type of sliders.

I hope yours work well and if they do I'd love to add them to my F-150, but be careful before using them as a slider, that's all.

Fixed.

And here is what it looks like underneath.

Attachments

• slider.JPG
    slider.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The jeep body sliders really aren't supposed to support the weight of the jeep. They are there to shrug off hits that dent the body. Teeter tottering on that slider will mess up a jeep body. My Yj body, when I removed it, was noticably stronger in that area than a full size truck. And jeeps are light.

Better Jeep sliders armor the body and bolt to the frame, like the pics above.

That slider on the fullsize will be great at preventing logs that bounce up as you cross them from dinging your body. But your trucks body will fold like a taco (the kind you eat, not Toyota) if you put a jack under that slider and crank away. I lost the use of my rear X cab door from my last wheeling trip. Flex must have knocked the opening mechanism screwy or something.

Someone on Pirate 4x4 did make some frame mounted sliders that were very thin and only about 3/8" gap under the truck. They looked factory and clean. Were barely noticable and didn't hurt ground clearance like the ugly step hoops we see so often. He could actually jack the entire side of the truck up in the air without the slider flexing and touching the chassis.

Too bad he deosn't sell those. He'd be rich by now. Some insane skills on that site.

rb70383

Observer
Some insane EGOs on that site.

Fixed it for ya! :sombrero:

Actually yes there are some very talented people over there, then there are the rest of em. Do you have a link to the thread?

I saw a set on a Ramcharger a guy built that he cut out the door sill plate and replaced with tubing. Looked good but is a kind of permanent mod.

Inline6

Adventurer
I think they look interesting for the few times they might get hit it may be just enough. Thnkng they may also work with my amp research power steps. But none on their site for my rig.

As for the jeep tj body mount sliders, mine take the weight of the entire jeep with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle