New four wheel camper finch shell

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
LOL Stan is the owner. Doubt you're gonna get a discount. I think we would all like a discount.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
That is an interesting idea of having a finch shell on a standard bed and be able to use the tie downs. All the day dreaming I've done has been about a fully loaded Eagle.

At first I thought I was going to get Finch for my standard bed Tacoma. And I thought that, until I measured out the dimensions and figured out how much room I wanted inside the camper. The 10" extra in an Eagle makes a huge difference in the interior room.

If you do not have the opportunity to compare the interior size of an Eagle and a Finch, mock it up and see what fits your needs.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
All this time I thought he was the owner.
I will most likely get the Eagle that way I can sleep inside if necessary. I'm 6' and barely fit in the bed as it is.

Last edited:

Ben Dover

The Fourwheel web site says the length of the Floor on the Finch is 70'', does anyone how this is measured? From the inside, outside?

Ben Dover

cool, thanks dudes......that should still give me enough room to sleep on the floor without popping it up since I usually sleep in the fetal position anyway. I appreciate you going out to measure PTO, thanks.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Looking more at your pics and others with the spur edition it reminds me of the cool aluminum of an Airstream.
Do you have anymore pics of the interior? I know it is a shell but any other pics would be neat to see. Gotta document the evolution of your build.
;)

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Stan- SHHHHHH my mind/soul does not need to read that right now. I've been pouring over my saved pics and Hadley's build thread all night.

Is there a known difference in how hot a white exterior vs. the silver exterior gets in sunshine?

PTO

PTO
Looking more at your pics and others with the spur edition it reminds me of the cool aluminum of an Airstream.
Do you have anymore pics of the interior? I know it is a shell but any other pics would be neat to see. Gotta document the evolution of your build.
;)

I'll get some of the inside this coming weekend, One thing I had done with my build was to have the couch put on the drivers side so I could look out the big window while sitting inside. Another thing was I got the windows done with a dark limo tint so I didn't have to deal with curtains but still keep out the prying eyes. I did get out for a couple of nights this weekend and it was great to get far enough away not to hear or see anyone.

P4200757_zpscdfc6d69.jpg

P4200754_zpsdf90ac73.jpg

P4200752_zps651f1848.jpg

Is there a known difference in how hot a white exterior vs. the silver exterior gets in sunshine?

I don't know as I have never stayed in a white one. I can tell you it got down to 39 at night and 81 during the day and I was comfortable.

contento

Observer

I'd be very curious in this as well and I'd think it would be easy to find out-

Set the 3 campers(might as well do the fiberglass sided version as well) in the sun outside the FWC factory for an hour or so, then hit them all in the same spot(s) with a infrared thermometer.

Ben Dover

I'll get some of the inside this coming weekend, One thing I had done with my build was to have the couch put on the drivers side so I could look out the big window while sitting inside. Another thing was I got the windows done with a dark limo tint so I didn't have to deal with curtains but still keep out the prying eyes. I did get out for a couple of nights this weekend and it was great to get far enough away not to hear or see anyone.

[

I don't know as I have never stayed in a white one. I can tell you it got down to 39 at night and 81 during the day and I was comfortable.

Hey PTO, can you tell me how long your couch is? and with the pop up down,is there enough head room to sit on it? If not can you at least get in there and lay on it? I"m gonna order a Finch shell model and I"m just trying to figure out what options I want to get. I wish I could look at one, but there is no dealership near me. There used to be a showroom in Corona calf, not far from where I am but they closed it years ago.

Thanks, Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78