SHOW YOUR FAVORITE CATCH ON THE FLY

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Ya winter flows....here in my neck of the woods it makes for great fishing.
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Scottyrocco16vdub

I had no idea there was a flyfishing section!?!?!?! changed my life. hahaha. Been in Utah about 2 years now, from Northern NY. We had some fly fishing but I mainly baitcasted. The fly fishing here is STELLAR. I have been having a blast. With the weber and the provo only 40min away I can go after work! And take longer exploring trips on the weekends. Endless places to fish! I am actually sorta planning an offroad flyfishing expedition of utah and maybe WY, CO, NM. we will see though

Any ways my favorite fish I have caught thus far out here... Presenting Kid cutty

kidcutty.jpg

Navman

Adventurer
Caught my first fish on a fly rod this morning. Caught about 10 actually. All little bass in a stream I found with a friend this last weekend when I had the spinning gear out. I wanted a little practice before heading up to the Sierras for a long weekend. Uh, no pictures though.

Judoka

Learning To Live
Caught my first fish on a fly rod this morning. Caught about 10 actually. All little bass in a stream I found with a friend this last weekend when I had the spinning gear out. I wanted a little practice before heading up to the Sierras for a long weekend. Uh, no pictures though.
Now that just sounds like a FISH STORY to me! :elkgrin:

Honu

lost on the mainland
no pic but good story first time fly fishing for steel head my buddy and I go out knowing steel head is tough catch :)
I go down ahead of him under a rail road trellis and cast in just kinda waiting and BOOM hook up right away and land it :) hahahahah got to say was pretty funny

how many of you have caught bats ? we had a real problem in a few spots could not even cast in without hooking a bat it seemed

Ovrland

Adventurer
Caught a few browns this last weekend!
9emygyge.jpg

ydy7yda5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP'd

Adventurer

Sounds like we need to get together and do some fishing. Where you heading in the Sierra's?

steelheadbum

Adventurer
2yhunu3u.jpg

hu5a6abu.jpg

7agu4use.jpg

If you notice this last fish was a Hatchery fish and he went into the freezer... so Hero shot!
Buck
The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Last edited:

Ovrland

Adventurer
Yeah, they had been done in by the time this picture was taken. I would not hold a fish like that if one, it was still alive and two, it was my intent to release.

Thanks for the advice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online