UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I may have to hit you up for a set of fox shocks for my quigley... I'll send you an email or pm later tonight or tomorrow

If you want some Fox goodies for the Q van talk to BajaSportsmobile. He has it all figured out & dialed in.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Ug I must be getting the last set of bilsteins.

Yeah, I have had those thoughts too.

I have used bilsteins and even have worked with bilstein so cal on custom valvings for autox stuff. I think they make a good product and they always seem to be supportive.
Has this deteriorated?
Ramsey, Chris, Is the fox shock superior, why? Is it simply better service? Or is the fox name just selling better?

On the other hand the shocks on my mountain bike say fox, front and rear, needless to say they are amazing in that environment, easy to maintain, etc......

calebmogul

Hi Dave,

I'm running BFG's, I think they are great in the snow. However, take that with a grain of salt as they are my first set of all terrain tires. I'm pretty satisfied with the tread life too, I'm at 35k and I think it should be no problem to get 50k based on the tread I have left.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yeah, I have had those thoughts too.

I have used bilsteins and even have worked with bilstein so cal on custom valvings for autox stuff. I think they make a good product and they always seem to be supportive.
Has this deteriorated?
Ramsey, Chris, Is the fox shock superior, why? Is it simply better service? Or is the fox name just selling better?

On the other hand the shocks on my mountain bike say fox, front and rear, needless to say they are amazing in that environment, easy to maintain, etc......

The fox shocks have a few features that are better but I haven;t had any issues with the Bilsteins. I really like the aluminum construction of the Fox, the Bilsteins don't hold up too well in harsh climates.

My decision was mainly based on supply but I'm happy that Fox has a full product line that we can use. And an excellent name in the business.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Ramsey, Chris, Is the fox shock superior, why?

You tell us...

Just look at the nut on the shaft...

b95d786c0caf556ee4cf698c8b10197f.jpg

21b495dfbef6713fcb2ddc1dca4ec49d.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Just got a status update from a customer in Canada, he seems happy with our kit!

10467020_880247415327821_6851303037899284353_o.jpg

Here's what he had to say:

I wrote you a while back to express my satisfaction for the way your kit handled compared the other various 4x4 vans I own/owned, encompassing 5 different companies. When I talk about the handling, I was talking about the van it self, not even about how they handled while towing. There are probably two of the conversions i've owned that i was scared to drive it by itself, let alone towing any size of trailer. In short i want to let you know that i've towed a few trailers this year long distances and that i commented many times that i never knew the trailer was there, i could still sit back, relax and my unit handled the same way it did not pulling, which is better than stock!

Jasper Jones

Observer
Hey Chris,

Do you offer anything like gift certificates?

I have family asking me about ideas for Christmas gifts for me, and I also have a wedding coming up, so I thought gift certificates for UJOR would be sweet to help me offset the cost of some parts.

I think wouldn't be the only person interested if you don't offer them already.

-Jason

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
You have any idea of the load on that nut? What are the shocks pressurized to?

Looking at the shock pricing I realized we are comparing apples to oranges here.

Directly proportional. Everyone knows bigger loads in the nut equate to higher pressure... ;)

350outrage

Adventurer
Hi Dave,

I'm running BFG's, I think they are great in the snow. However, take that with a grain of salt as they are my first set of all terrain tires. I'm pretty satisfied with the tread life too, I'm at 35k and I think it should be no problem to get 50k based on the tread I have left.

Thx for the info. I've had BFG's on my Jeep, and agree that they are good and wear like iron.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Chris,

Do you offer anything like gift certificates?

I have family asking me about ideas for Christmas gifts for me, and I also have a wedding coming up, so I thought gift certificates for UJOR would be sweet to help me offset the cost of some parts.

I think wouldn't be the only person interested if you don't offer them already.

-Jason

Never have but can certainly make it happen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179