Box Rocket '03 DC Tacoma Build

Box Rocket

Truck is looking great as always! any reason you chose to go with the KM2 over trying another tire? I've been eyeing the dynapro MT's myself. Seems like those, along with the ST/MAXX and toyos are gaining more and more in popularity.

I love how low profile your winch bumper is! Also, you keeping the shell off the bed for a while?

I went with the KM2s because I'd run them before and I liked them for how and where I use my truck. When I switched from KM2s to MTRs I decided I liked the MTR better than the KM2 but I was coming from a narrow KM2. This set of KM2s is wider and even though they might not be as good as some things as the MTR, I liked their performance enough to give them another shot. There are other tires that will do well also I'm sure. The Toyos get good reviews but they are a very heavy tire. Heavy tires suck power. I'm not suggesting a lightweight tire that has weak sidewalls is a better choice, rather finding something with excellent durability without too much weight.
The shell will probably go back on the truck for the winter. While it's camping season the tent will be on the back.

Box Rocket

pulled the tent and bedrack for a bit and the Snugtop is back on the truck. Will probably be like this till spring. That necessitated a move for a bunch of the recovery stuff like the maxtrax, shovel and hilift to the roof. I'm diggin the look of the glass fenders with the topper on the bed.

Box Rocket

Now that the bulk of the wheeling season is over I needed to clean up the wheels again from all the rock rash. Decided to go back to black instead of the grey color. I think I prefer the black. I used the VHT wheel paint again and I continue to be impressed with it. It's a great paint for wheels.

Box Rocket

If you have a double cab you know that in-cab storage can be difficult especially if you have backseat passengers, which I do. So for a long time I've been a fan of seat covers with some kind of pockets on them that allow me to pack stuff. I use the pockets for stuff like maps, headlamps, first aid kits, small tools etc. For the last couple years I've been using the Smittybuilt Catch-all seat covers. When I bought them I didn't have high hopes for them but I've been pleasantly surprised that they were as comfortable and durable as they are. They are pretty basic with a smaller upper pocket and a couple larger lower pockets.

I have found that I needed more places for things in the cab and the Catch-All covers were getting pretty worn. So I pick up some new covers that I've been planning to try for a long time. These are also from SmittyBuilt. These are the G.E.A.R. seat covers that use a mil-spec molle system on the back and come with a variety of pockets etc that can be moved to a bunch of different configuations on the molle webbing on the back of the seats. These are a MUCH more durable material and the stitching is much better and designed to be far better and holding up to abuse than just about any other seat cover.

even though they are not a "tight" fit they are staying in place nicely and not movind around

Durable material and strong quality stitching on all the Velcro straps etc.

details

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Holy crap that's alot of storage options!! :Wow1: I hope your kids don't get much bigger, as they'll run outta leg room, hahahaa!! But I really like your attention to "detail" ;)

Willman

Adam - I love your ride. You always find new ways to keep her looking the best!

My SmittyBuilt G.E.A.R seat covers starting falling apart after a year of use. Great idea. Just lacked in quality. Hopefully they have upgraded the material....

Box Rocket

My SmittyBuilt G.E.A.R seat covers starting falling apart after a year of use. Great idea. Just lacked in quality. Hopefully they have upgraded the material....

I think they have improved them and the material does seem better. I looked at them a couple years ago when they first came out and I remember asking you about yours. Decided not to get them then. The material and actual construction has changed a little since then, so hopefully they are a bit better. Time will tell.

Thanks Nic

richard310

pew pew
Truck's looking great as always! I love the seat covers and utility of the MOLLE panels in the back. I'll be looking to snag a set for the storage and the durable materials.

RockTaco02

My gear covers lasted about as long as yours. They were tan in color to match my oak interior, I figured since they were lighter they would have stood up to the Uv's a little better but they began to fade then they ripped up the vertical seam that ties the side and middle panels together. On the bright side I did get some pouches and molle gear(even though it's on the same par as condor gear, chinese) out of it that I will probably use if I get a metal molle panel made up. Glad they made revisions when they realized they had an issue with construction or material, shows that they are serious about their business still, wish I would have known sooner maybe an exchange program would have been available. Good stuff

Box Rocket

Picked up a used bedrug and installed it last night. Really impressed with it actually. I'm trying to figure out how to do some tie downs with it but otherwise it's very nice.

NikonRon

Adventurer
Adam, its easy enough to slice slits or openings in it for tie-downs. There should actually already be some in the factory tie-down area. Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179