DefconBrix | Military Inspired Overland Build

johnboytrd

Cool build. Subbed o keep an eye on your progress. Maybe I'll see ya at moab next year. Planning to go.

Edited that picture out... Dunno why tapatalk entered that image link lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YetiX

Amazing build thread, especially since you're actually getting out "there" with your truck. You're truly living the dream Brother!

Semper Gumby
(Always flexible)

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Cool build. Subbed o keep an eye on your progress. Maybe I'll see ya at moab next year. Planning to go.

Edited that picture out... Dunno why tapatalk entered that image link lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be awesome! Keep me posted on when you are planning your trips!

Amazing build thread, especially since you're actually getting out "there" with your truck. You're truly living the dream Brother!

Semper Gumby
(Always flexible)

Thanks! I am trying to get out as much as possible. Sometimes work gets in the way but I try to not let it lol

Do you still have just the 3" lift on the tacoma?

I do have my coil overs set at around 3.25" of lift.
I have the All-Pro long travel kit and have trimmed the fenders 3" and done the cab mount chop to clear the 35's on such a low lift.
I'm not a big fan of anything higher for overland style of travel.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Thanks and how is the ride on the road with this kit?

I love it. Having an LT kit deletes the sway bar so at first it's a little different feeling but I prefer it over stock any day. I saw a big difference in ride quality when I went from the Fox res coilovers to their new DSC ones. The ability to fine tune these to your preference and road conditions is amazing. Like with most anything, the more money you put into it the better it's going to be.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Update on the interior:

Katzkin Tuscany Leather with Perforated Suede
Degreez heated and cooled seat options to make those hot summers and cold winters a little more pleasant.

IMG_9944.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg

dtc81

Observer
Those seats look incredible! I remember seeing a post on your instagram a long time ago showing a few patches on your headliner. I thought that was an very original touch. It's cool to see you're still filling it up with new ones!

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Those seats look incredible! I remember seeing a post on your instagram a long time ago showing a few patches on your headliner. I thought that was an very original touch. It's cool to see you're still filling it up with new ones!

You remembered! I have to confess that I stole the idea from someone else I found on Instagram though lol
I try to grab a patch from everywhere I travel to — even if its just the town closest so that I can keep those trips/memories in with the truck. If they don't have a velcro backing I just add it via the sticky velcro kit from Home Depot.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
In Moab with the family to start 2015 off right!

Explored the Arches National Park today.

Delicate Arch in the background
IMG_022124.jpg

IMG_022318.jpg

Getting ready to hike to a few arches — it's in the 20's here but still beautiful
IMG_023023.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12