2015 Chevrolet Colorado is Motor Trend's 2015 Truck of the Year

onemanarmy

Explorer
I've yet to see on on the road, which is surprising.

These gas prices are short lived. too many people depend on the high(er) gas prices, and one terrorist attack or major hurricane and we are back to $4-5 overnight.

Clutch

<---Pass
LOL . . . Wait! First the government regulations took away the drinking and driving. Now they are going to take away the drinking and posting? is this a Cali-only thing???

Good golly, where will our on-line amusement come from in the future? :hehe:

Let's not be so divisive online. Not that I don't think he/she cannot defend themselves but I think we know what the OP was trying to say

Not sure if a follow...maybe I was mis-quoted? I was referring to manufactures having to meet Cafe standards.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Think Toyota and Nissan borrowed a couple pages from Ford and the E-Series Van. :)

Lol shhhhhhhh they wont notice if the Ranger is 12yrs old, or the Escape is 12yrs old, or the Edge is 8yrs old, or the prior Mustang was 15yrs old. Ford actually was being applauded by industry investment analysts for being able to pump money out of decades old designs and make price increases on their models. Ford simply dumped more gizmo content into ancient models and kept selling them till the presses pressing parts needed to be replaced. LOL

Clutch

<---Pass
Lol shhhhhhhh they wont notice if the Ranger is 12yrs old, or the Escape is 12yrs old, or the Edge is 8yrs old, or the prior Mustang was 15yrs old. Ford actually was being applauded by industry investment analysts for being able to pump money out of decades old designs and make price increases on their models. Ford simply dumped more gizmo content into ancient models and kept selling them till the presses pressing parts needed to be replaced. LOL

LOL

Kaisen

Explorer
The Escape is new

But the point is taken

Didn't stop 140,000 people from buying Tacomas last year in the US

Clutch

<---Pass
Didn't stop 140,000 people from buying Tacomas last year in the US

Not much other choice in the mid-size market until now. Still a decent little truck, even if needs some updating.

They are expanding the production plant, so must not be too afraid of the new Colorado. Curious to see what they have in store...we will find out in January.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Not sure if a follow...maybe I was mis-quoted? I was referring to manufactures having to meet Cafe standards.

Nah, not you Clutch. Just a friendly jest towards Calicamper's entry about drinking and posting earlier in this thread. :ylsmoke:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Anyone know what axles are under the new Colorado I think they r Dana but Dana what 44 rear? No clue up front.

colodak

Adventurer
Have seen a couple of the new Colorado's in person, if you look at the lines of it, it's basically a 3/4 scale Tundra, especially the shaping where the cab/bed meet. Also had a chance to sit inside one, not overly impressed, for the price, you could buy a Frontier Pro4x or loaded Tacoma.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Anyone know what axles are under the new Colorado I think they r Dana but Dana what 44 rear? No clue up front.

The rear axle in the new Colorado/Canyon is definitely a Dana unit but all I can find regarding models is 200mm and 220mm. Not sure what old terminology model definition that falls under (30, 44 or something new) or if it has anything in common with the Nissan Frontier or Jeep JK axles. I suspect the 200mm is in the 4 cylinder truck while the 220mm would be in the V6 and diesel. Can’t find any info on what the front axle is either or the ring gear size but I suspect it is a Dana as well. GM is been bidding more and more axles out to Dana the last few years for some odd reason. Outside of the old front Dana 60s, GM has typically used Corporate axles which is now American Axle Manufacturing. It so odd, as Chrysler used to use pretty much all Dana axles but for the 13 years they are moving to more and more AAM axles. Strange world!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Thanks Larry that is the same intel I came up with on continued searching efforts. After having driven one I am really liking this truck. Interior is really much better then the comp and since they have ditched the torsion bars suspension should not be a problem in near future. I'm guessing lots of options soon. So that leaves gears and lockers which is why am reasearching. But I got time since I am most interested in the diesel. After having wanting and hoping for a small diesel truck here in the U.S. it's hard to not buy one even if it is in hopes to futher motivate the others to get in the game. Crazy logic I know but you bet toyota and nissan will be watching closely the diesel late summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12