Who makes these rear corner protectors

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm pretty sure the owner of this Jeep posts here, or a EP member is familiar with the build, or maybe somebody here might know who makes the corner protectors pictured on this Jeep. I was about to order the AEV corners but I like these better. I like the rail, which looks to be a great impromptu step up to my roof rack. If you know who makes these corners, or know the link to a build thread for this particular Jeep, please post a link. Thanks!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
It's true - they were a prototype from AEV, but they never actually made them.

People have repeatedly asked Dave H (owner of AEV) why not, and I've never seen a straight reply.

If I was going the roof rack / RTT option, I'd likely buy AEV's "builders corners" and modify them into the above. I can't imagine it would be difficult.

-Dan

Shamus13

It's true - they were a prototype from AEV, but they never actually made them.

People have repeatedly asked Dave H (owner of AEV) why not, and I've never seen a straight reply.

If I was going the roof rack / RTT option, I'd likely buy AEV's "builders corners" and modify them into the above. I can't imagine it would be difficult.

-Dan

I thought Dave said on the AEV Forum that there was an issue with it being used as a ladder/step and wasn't designed for that...? Also it was mentioned the cost/benefit of the design wasn't as good as the standard corners so they never made it to production. I see interest pop up on different forums every now and then & I think the demand would cover the extra cost of production but I'm not the one in charge of a multi-million dollar company, so what do I know.

A

AngryRedBird

Rear Bumper: AEV
Drivers Side Corner Guard: Rokmen or Poison Spyder with a custom tube slider/rail

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yes it's true theses were one off prototype corners made by AEV.

A

AngryRedBird

I always did like the tubed rails on these corners. I've even seen another Jeeper install these rail inside his jeep as a mean to support his loaded cargo IE tie down points.. But also used just as grab handles.

I am pretty sure that you can or at least could order them through off road warehouse in escondido Ca, they come in bare steel and were at the time I priced them about $450. I din't order them because money was too tight then but hey did have them I am not sure if they were olympic or someone else. If you find them a still available there please post back here so I know Good luck

BBailey

Explorer
If you want armor, Genright, EVO, and Poison Spyder all make a high quality product. If you want to be able to reach your roof rack and have something to stand on, I'd suggest looking at one of the steel fender armor options out there that braces to the substructure of your jeep (meaning it does more than just bolt to the sheet metal). I've got the Poison Spyder Crusher Corners and Crusher Flares on my JKU and have stood on them numerous times with no ill effects.

I wouldn't weld something onto the corner armor and think it's going to support you without some kind of bracing, simply too much leverage without multiple attachment points to distribute the weight.

Sorry for the low quality cell phone pic. I can get a better one if interested.

JKU-Rear.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179