Your most appreciated camping equipment

One shot

Observer
Nice one Lucky j,
I love my fresh coffee in the morning. I use a coffee percolator on the stove or camp fire, but that looks like one step up in sophistication. One thing I have not found yet is a decent quality hand cranked coffee grinder.

Gsi Outdoors JavaGrind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Actually, I was thinking about this more, and the one gadget I seem to use on every trip is the most marvelous knife/spatula ever invented. It's the Cutco Spatula Spreader knife:
http://www.cutco.com/products/product.jsp?item=spatula-spreader
spatula-spreader.jpg

Incredibly sharp, slices through food packaging super easy. Large enough and sharp enough to carve up watermelon. Balanced superbly, easy to manipulate for fine cutting such as dicing tomatoes or onions, and makes cutting up sausages and so forth super easy. It even works for spreading butter on toast :)

I like to bring my whole cutco set from when I was a door-to-door salesman for them. Best knives out there. I've had mine for over 7 years now and never had to sharpen them yet.

However, my most appreciated piece of camping gear is my 91' Bronco, shown here with the bed/tent extension I came up with using an old surplus army pup tent.
attachment.php

attachment.php

AlbanyTom

Adventurer
Most appreciated is my day pack as well. It goes everywhere with me. I never forget or loose anything important. The phone, keys and wallet are always safe and it holds a jacket and food in it. Grab one bag everytime no matter what outdoor activity and your coverd for all the basics. I even strapped firewood and a nice step stool I found in the woods to it.

Not to highjack the thread, but that looks kinda like a Victor, but isn't quite...I would say high standard, though. I don't want to derail into a gun discussion, but just fantastic accuracy and crisp trigger..as fine as any target/hunting pistol made, at any price, as long as it feeds ok, in my opinion.

My favorite piece of gear would have to be a tie. Either a gerber LST knife - tiny, inexpensive, very light, but works fine for camp work and eating. Or any 2AA LED flashlight. Because I'm usually in the dark, in any way you take that meaning.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Not to highjack the thread, but that looks kinda like a Victor, but isn't quite...I would say high standard, though. I don't want to derail into a gun discussion, but just fantastic accuracy and crisp trigger..as fine as any target/hunting pistol made, at any price, as long as it feeds ok, in my opinion.

My favorite piece of gear would have to be a tie. Either a gerber LST knife - tiny, inexpensive, very light, but works fine for camp work and eating. Or any 2AA LED flashlight. Because I'm usually in the dark, in any way you take that meaning.
I need to find my old Gerber Gator to supliment the razor blade and muti tool. The pistol is High Standard just in case I break an ankle and need to eat a bird or two. It shoots better than most iron site rifles. I'd like somthing lighter that is made like the new Ruger lite models but I'd be better off throwing anything made like a 1911. Like Glock.... I could care less what quality or reviews they get. If I personally can't make a beer can dance with every fast shot then they are pure garbage.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: The RUGER MK11/111 are pretty light and very accurate--SS is the best-
034-1.jpg

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Geodoc

Adventurer
Actually, I was thinking about this more, and the one gadget I seem to use on every trip is the most marvelous knife/spatula ever invented. It's the Cutco Spatula Spreader knife:
http://www.cutco.com/products/product.jsp?item=spatula-spreader
spatula-spreader.jpg

Incredibly sharp, slices through food packaging super easy. Large enough and sharp enough to carve up watermelon. Balanced superbly, easy to manipulate for fine cutting such as dicing tomatoes or onions, and makes cutting up sausages and so forth super easy. It even works for spreading butter on toast :)

Awesome product - I have one, but we leave it at home (we use the trimmer - but I might just replace that with the spatula spreader - or get another one).

MTaco

Adventurer
^I have one too and it probably gets the most use of all my Cutco knives. I have also thought of getting one dedicated for the camp kitchen.

jrose609

Explorer
I need to find my old Gerber Gator to supliment the razor blade and muti tool. The pistol is High Standard just in case I break an ankle and need to eat a bird or two. It shoots better than most iron site rifles. I'd like somthing lighter that is made like the new Ruger lite models but I'd be better off throwing anything made like a 1911. Like Glock.... I could care less what quality or reviews they get. If I personally can't make a beer can dance with every fast shot then they are pure garbage.

I've got several WW2 era High Standard .22 pistols. They are my faves. I have my G'pa's old Colt Woodsman, but I don't like to take it out because it's too valuable. Just sits in the safe mostly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78