Anyone have an XVenture by Schutt Ind ?

XVENTURE TRAILERS

Supporting Sponsor - XVENTURE Trailers
Congrats on your XV acquisition. That trailer is like new barely used from what I can see. Eric must have been bummed to see it go.

Welcome to the club. Now you can "Be a Part of the Legend" too. Let me know if you need anything.

jwiereng

Are the huck bolts used in the construction of the xventure a fastener that is available to lowly DIY builders?

avlfj40

They are, but you will have to get them from a fastener store or McMaster-Carr. You will also need to buy/rent the gun. Your pop rivet tool will not do the job.

fortunatopa

059ee5c5266eeaef928d4b61a2ebdfe2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vasily

Adventurer
Subbed to this thread. I have a NAS defender 90 and there is not a whole lot of room in there with me, the wife, and the dog for gear. A trailer would be killer!

fortunatopa

1f4ccc6fd8695b470144b15653fdfb2e.jpg

Deploying the XV-2 to Prince William Forest Park. Sofa ran extremely fun and capable trailer to explore and camp with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Picked mine up a couple months ago from OK4WD as well. It was their demo model and I love it. View attachment 288515

The only thing I am trying to figure out is the best way to haul my dirtbike in it. Tried my hitch hauler on the back but that was very sketchy so I have just been laying it on its side in the trailer bed. .

First off you're after my heart. RRC XV and a JK? Well done! But back to the point how tall is your dirt bike? We fit an adventure bike under there without the windshield on it. Cant imagine a dirt bike being that tight :/ That being said you could always run the tent on the Jeep. The problem with any trailer having a dirt bike on the back is waaayyyy too little weight on the tongue and far too much on the back. There's just no way to make it stable without putting another motorcycle or quad up front.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanks Mark always got my back :) btw just confirmed Alpine loop with XV-2 in July! Should be a blast and some good photos.

kd233

First off you're after my heart. RRC XV and a JK? Well done! But back to the point how tall is your dirt bike? We fit an adventure bike under there without the windshield on it. Cant imagine a dirt bike being that tight :/ That being said you could always run the tent on the Jeep. The problem with any trailer having a dirt bike on the back is waaayyyy too little weight on the tongue and far too much on the back. There's just no way to make it stable without putting another motorcycle or quad up front.

Thought about moving the tent to a roof rack. My bike is a ktm 300 and just can't get it to fit under the rack. What kind of bike did you get to fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears