M1102 expedition trailer build

RagnarD

Adventurer
Nice build. These trailers are sensitive to tongue weight and being level. When I want to work on the underside, I just throw the spare tire near the tailgate, lock the brakes, then stand it up. Unfortunately they dont have a lot of tongue space to put stuff to help balance the load. I would move the spare inside the bed and up front.

Did you have the trailer parked, then it tipped when you swung out the spare tire? At least it looks like you had the brakes engaged :)

With your rear bumper, are you able to use the rear stabilizers?

sgthawk

Adventurer
I cut the bigger rack down to hold a generator and welded a bracket to support it.im working on attaching the jerry can holders now.
image.jpg

sgthawk

Adventurer
The plan is to build a cage over the topper with a cargo carrier to support a roof top tent. Iam also going to add an awning to one side of the trailer. Lastly I am adding two 30 pound propane tanks to the front of the trailer. I need to build to bracket that will slide into where the tie down points are.
image.jpg

Last edited:

sgthawk

Adventurer
Yes I had the breaks on and the spare tire was pushed out.the trailer we being unloaded of all the camping gear when the trailer stood up on the rear.

skeeter06

Observer
How does the H3 tow the trailer?? I have looked at picking up a similar trailer, but am worried about trailer weight, and the ability to control a trailer that size offroad.

sgthawk

Adventurer
Before I started the mods I was pulling the trailer at 75mph with the h3 with no problems. I need to point out that my h3 is an Alpha and has a v8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman