What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Bought some Maxtrax at NW Overland Rally and installed them on the Jeep.
Will be switched back and forth between Dodge truck and Jeep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 49

dan0

Adventurer
Drove it 20 miles, thought the cooling system was maybe finally happy. Sat in the Jeep as it started to rain and ate my take out. Less than five minutes later, pop goes the upper radiator hose off the thermostat housing blowing steam and coolant all under the hood.

I just sat there and continued eating.

Big mike

Adventurer
I looked at it and said let's go two hours later my jeep followed by my chaser were in prescott az with my two doodles !
First stop bought a brand new in box with wrapping on ARB 78 liter fridge , heck of a deal. Next stop the great folks at AT trailers to get some mods started for jeep and chaser . I love these guys. Paul was there from Equipt great guy we went over my Eezi awn globetrotter and some lights I wanted installed .
Clint and Martyn were very helpful as always .
If your going to get anything done to your rig or are in market for off road trailer make this your first and last stop.
Then we all went up the road to a park the doodle ran and played for a couple hours then lunch on one of Prescotts great dog friendly patios .
My jeep and I had an awesome day
Mike

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Drove it 20 miles, thought the cooling system was maybe finally happy. Sat in the Jeep as it started to rain and ate my take out. Less than five minutes later, pop goes the upper radiator hose off the thermostat housing blowing steam and coolant all under the hood.

I just sat there and continued eating.

Wow...with that kind of "coolness" under pressure...do I have a job for you !!!!

comptiger5000

Adventurer
I was getting all set to pull the front lower shock mounts apart and figure out why they're clunking so badly (winter salt probably trashed the bearings in the lower mounts, might have to covert to bushings down there), but then it started raining. I just want to stop listening to the stupid clunking, although I'll still have to pull things apart again at some point to re-do the lower mounts (the current setup is a little janky, using BPEs flipped upside down under the mounts to try to get the lower mounts low enough and the shocks are still a hair long, so I need to get those mounts down lower or the upper mounts up higher).

On that topic, does anyone know what the shortest (height-wise) stem to eye conversion piece is for the top mounts? The JKS ones I have now add a bit over an inch to the length of the shocks. Looks like it could be done in about 3/4", which would buy me just enough to not have to move my lower mounts, I think. Hmm... I wonder if I can fit BPEs up top and just drill new holes and then bolt them through the shock towers, that would only be about a 1/2" tall.

dan0

Adventurer
Wow...with that kind of "coolness" under pressure...do I have a job for you !!!!

It's given me so much annoyance, missed taking the Jeep on a number of trips. Road trips, but testing out the camping out the back would have been nice. It does not bother me so much anymore. I am at the point where I would kind of like to just sell it, but then I wait a couple days, take another look and press on. That's why it's nice having two vehicles.

rubicon91

Explorer
Well it isn't what i did with my rig today but the rig I saw at the gym. Posted it on land cruiser section but still thought I would post here. It was gorgeous. On a side note I will be taking the jeep on a very adventurous trip to the local theater to take my kids to watch minions today. Wish me luck lol
384b088e382149b751a86737ee8127d9.jpg
0edbb942363c7761a1a5b9df2dc05a70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itchyrichy

trout jeep.jpgI sold my CJ and bought a TJ (trout jeep) for the sole purpose of exploring Michigan in search of trout. This was Friday's catch.

Thirsty

I just picked up the jk from having an AEV bumper, a set of Salta wheels, and some of the new 34x10.5r17 BFG ATs installed.

No lift yet but the weekend after next I'll be putting on some mopar 18/59 springs, and bilstien 5100s.

IMG_20150713_163728088_HDR.jpgIMG_20150713_163643871_HDR.jpgIMG_20150713_163503416_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle