Overland Nissan

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Yeah baby! :victory: I was totally surprised when I saw that! I was just emailing them to let them know what I drove. Never did I expect to see that!

Awesome magazine, too.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
You are going to absolutely love it. Go ahead and make your travel reservations! You'll definitely want to go and perhaps bring one of their TD powered Toy's or Nissans back as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 5

bluerunner

Adventurer
BN-

I just want to compliment you on a what appears to be a very well built Nissan. What gadgets grace the interior? :ylsmoke:

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Thanks Blue! Not much inside. CB, Cabella's compass/thermometer, the Rancho In-cab controller, and a couple of floorboard lights. Oh and a baby seat! :) I need more gadgets - ARB controller, gps, more power points, and would also like to wire up a winch controller as well.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I have been slacking on complimenting you rig! Very nicely done. I like your rack in the rear. Can you please post more pics up of how you fab'ed it up back there? I would like to do something similar to that, not sure yet. So many idea's so little time. That is the best part of all of our rigs, we could have two identical factory rigs and each one are individually mod'ed to fit each owner... the idea's are endless and a ton-o-fun. NIce Job man! :luxhello:

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
All I did is take some flat stock, drill holes at each end, cut some 2" square tubing to length, weld, drill holes in bedside, sand, paint, and mount. Really VERY easy to do. It actually might be coming off soon and be replaced by a Softtopper. Dunno yet. Still kinda like it up there.

Attachments

• LMC (public).jpg
    LMC (public).jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1911.jpg
    DSCN1911.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1910.jpg
    DSCN1910.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1915.jpg
    DSCN1915.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1912.jpg
    DSCN1912.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1919.jpg
    DSCN1919.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1918.jpg
    DSCN1918.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1920.jpg
    DSCN1920.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1921.jpg
    DSCN1921.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1922.jpg
    DSCN1922.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1923.jpg
    DSCN1923.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1916.jpg
    DSCN1916.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 0

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
The BN Guy said:
All I did is take some flat stock, drill holes at each end, cut some 2" square tubing to length, weld, drill holes in bedside, sand, paint, and mount. Really VERY easy to do. It actually might be coming off soon and be replaced by a Softtopper. Dunno yet. Still kinda like it up there.

Do you have any issues with loading it. I hear the bed rails are not that strong. I assumed you re-enforced it some how to compensate. Looks pretty slick in the pic that I could see of it! Great Job man!

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Yeah, they're not the strongest. That's why I only have the tire. That's probably max load although I have stood on the tire itself with no signs of weakness. Actually I did not reinforce the rail either! I'll try and get some pix of to you showing the "detailing". It's so simple. That's what I like about it.

gene

Don't be afraid to take that little one of yours camping. My son's first trip was at 3 weeks old, we spent a week at Saline Valley in Death Valley and he's been camping every few weeks ever since. At 9 months he and I drove from Ventura, Ca to Inuvik (300 miles north of Arctic Circle) and back, a 9,000 mile trip. By 3 he had been all over Baja, Sonora, Sinaloa and all the western states. He loved every trip and at 12 years old now, is a travelling fool. As long as your little one is with you, she'll feel safe and happy.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
We just got back from a trip to Ruidoso, NM with her. Long trip. She did okay on the way out but did better on the return. 'Bout an eleven hour trip. Tough on mom and pop for sure!

Camping still is in the control of the Controller (mom). Someday soon though. Gotta wait for the Mountain Cedar to quite spreading it's pollen. Allergies have been killing us.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
I think you have the best year Frontier. They only made that bodystyle for a year or two I think- Then they gave it a butt ugly facelift. You also have the sliding rr glass too, which they omitted later.

I think it's the best looking one too :bowdown:
I used to have a 2000 Xterra so I am familiar with this platform. If I got the Frontier, I might still have it today...

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
yeah, my truck is the only year they made the crew cab in that multipiece front end. After that it became that huge one piece nose. It's okay, but I like the old look.

And thanks! I'm quite happy with the looks of Stormtrooper. Actually he's getting ready to have some changes made to him quite soon. Stay tuned!

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
The BN Guy said:
We just got back from a trip to Ruidoso, NM with her. Long trip. She did okay on the way out but did better on the return. 'Bout an eleven hour trip. Tough on mom and pop for sure!

Camping still is in the control of the Controller (mom). Someday soon though. Gotta wait for the Mountain Cedar to quite spreading it's pollen. Allergies have been killing us.

I like the Ruidoso area, been there a few times. That's pretty close to White Sands, you check that out? Not sure if I've ever said it before, but your truck is sweet. :bowdown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman