1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
IVRunner-
You got any links to a build for the Wildernest top. I'd love to see some interior shots too.
Nice work. I attempted a flip-pac mod on my old 4runner that I ended up selling before I finished.
Still regret selling it.

PS Im from SB. Looks like some of the picts are from West Camino Cielo yeah? Back at mono maybe?

Ah, I still regret not being able to buy yours. It was so much cleaner than mine was, which I also regret selling. I still have my runner, but its heading towards a KOH stock class build though.

rusty904

What: 1986 Toyota 4Runner GLX 22RE 5-speed

Where: Central Ohio, USA

Mods: Cragar steel wheels with BFG 31x10.5.15, ZUK mod, Trail Gear rear bumper, Yakima roof rack and basket, Hella F500 Driving lights.

Trips: I spent most of 2014 getting this thing in shape as it is my daily driver(approx 30 per day). So far this year we've taken one trip so far to Mohican State Park in Ohio. For being January in Ohio, the truck was pretty warm inside. My wife and I slept in the truck with temps in the mid upper 20's. We plan to really find our adventurous side this year and hope to instill it within my two year old son as well. We have a bunch of trips planned to state parks and camping areas as well. Once my son is comfortable on longer trips, we plan to really get out of Ohio and explore.

Love your setup! Do you have any pics of the back of the truck? Interested in the rear bumper.

OSV

Adventurer
i got tired of lugging the heavy top around, and i didn't want to spend big $$$ on a canvas solution, or rig up something temporary, so i just cut the sides out of what i had :-0

maybe not the best timing, given the upcoming el nino winter, but it's been fun while it's lasted.

4runnerGrandCanyoncampsite.jpg

Taylor1

Observer
I like the open hard top. Rear glass can still with work with a zip tie on the bolt switch? Ive considered this with some kind of snap/zip in side windows.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

NZHILUX

Hi guys, finally created an account after countless hours of drooling of your 1st gens. So I decided to go out and buy my own. Here is my 1988 ssr diesel turbo. ( new to forums so not entirely sure how to post pictures yet, so hopefully it works)DSC_1237.jpgDSC_1237.jpgDSC_1237.jpg

NZHILUX

DSC_1000.jpg

This is what it looked like the day I got it. Bone stock! Apart from a ARB rear air locker. I'm the 3rd owner and it's got 218,000 km on the clock.

I've had it for a few months now and have done a few changes.

2 piece Japanese wheel, 15x9.5 -22 with bridgestones duelers, 265 70 15.

Due to the laws here in New Zealand I had bolt on some flares so the tyre tread is inside the line of the vehicle. Wasn't so sure about the flares but they are now growing on me.
Also got some aero roof racks and nudge bar.

Keen to keep it looking tidy as it's my daily driver.

Well I'll post more pics as I do stuff to her.

Cheers!

palcuz

Sweet Truck! I have an 85.5 that I'm trying to preserve. Great to see the
Turbo diesel!

here's my '85
8f1d1564eda00ccb1f38f7bc88510c75.jpg

shes getting a bit rusty here in the northeast despite annual por15, fluid film and the lot. i will say that the frame is keeping nicely with these products given its salty winter use and coastal home. the body is starting its march to the grave. i may make a run at body resto this spring if feelin up to the task.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rusty904

I need to get a more adventurous shot (I promise the truck sees a lot of dirt) but I liked the lighting at work and couldn't resist the glamor shot. 2nd one is after a nice day of riding at the Whitewater Center. IMG_1161.JPGIMG_1193.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle