New ArkPak?

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Is anyone able to explain to me the differences between one of these systems as a dual battery (to charge phones/laptops/ARB fridge) vs a installed dual battery system in the vehicle? I'm getting crazy quotes (around $1800 to install a proper dual battery system in my 4Runner) and this seems like a much cheaper alternative (maybe around $750 after buying the battery?). Also, how does one charge the Arkpak? If I have it all the way up the back with the fridge, do I have to run a cable to the cigarette lighter all the way at the front to charge?

Hi vision -quest

great question to ask the Ark Pak, it can be set up as a portable dual battery system which is removable from the car when not in use, or as a permanent set up, the best thing about the Ark Pak is once you invest in it you get to keep it for life you can u swap it from car to car and even from car to boat or car to camper trailer, that is the best thing about it it is so versatile.

you can charge the Arkpak up by several ways, you can charge via the AC home charger and DC car charger that are both included in the purchase price, you can also charge it externally such as solar panels, Anderson plug, or even as part of a Dual Battery set up.

if you have more questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
WATCH THIS THREAD FOR AN IMPORTANT UPDATE TO COME THRU IN THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS

Hi all

i will post up an important update in the next 24 to 48 hours, as soon as i have the information i will post it up.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi all

Ark HQ in Sydney Australia will be closed during Christmas and New Year period, It will be business as usual with our online store, you will still be able to place online orders all the way thru.

xmas2015.jpg

Ark will be closed from Wednesday 23/12/2015 and we will re open on Monday 04/01/2016. i myself will be taking an extra week off and will be back Monday 11/01/2016, if you post questions during this time i may not answer until after the 11/01/2016.

Take care and enjoy the Holiday break with family and friends.

Regards

Brett from Ark

rlynch356

Defyota
Brett,
Do you have any specials coming up? and can you post pictures of all sides of the ArkPak 715? I am looking at this as a main battery source for my camping trailer and also for powering my tankless water heater during power outages and other small items around the house.

thanks

rlynch356

Defyota
yeah - i have seen all of those - 1) they are not detailed enough for me. 2) none show the back of the unit.
but thanks

Maybe a better question is.. is there a .pdf manual i can download somewhere? Arkpak websites do not seem to have it.
I want to see what each of the connections are and the other specifics.

For instance - looking at the Aus site. the 110v charge plug seems to be external - I.e. uses a mini plug to charge the unit. which seems less than ideal for my uses.

1Louder

Explorer
There are no ports, plugs, etc on the back. I will take a picture of mine when I get a chance. Probably why there are no pro photos. There are some YouTube reviews. Maybe check there. I have not found a current PDF manual. There is one for the old models which are pretty much the same. One example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH4RXeH8b8Q

rlynch356

Defyota
Thanks for the info.. I'm 86' the arkpak and building a stand alone trailer battery system..cheaper, not easier..

For home use when we rethought the power needs/wants were going to go with a small generator which also can be used in the field.
with than we can power a tankless hot water heater for the whole house, a full sized fridge and 1-2 box fans.
uses gas but with a smaller honda thats going to last a while

Solar can go on the trailer..

1Louder

Explorer
For instance - looking at the Aus site. the 110v charge plug seems to be external - I.e. uses a mini plug to charge the unit. which seems less than ideal for my uses.

Understand you are going a different direction. The one thing I don't like about the ArkPak is this small connection. It is very similar to a laptop charger with a standard plug, large box, and then small connector. Something more robust and potentially flush mount would be preferred. Otherwise I have been happy with my 715.

Solar is always a great idea!

JamesC

Adventurer
Hi to all that are following this thread

just wanted to advise we have a new product release its called the XO Trailer jack, in my opinion its the toughest Jockey wheel around, the links are below

http://www.arkportablepower.com/pages/xo-trailer-jack

https://youtu.be/W7F1VHaMqhE

if you have any questions about it please ask

hope all is going as good as it can for everyone

Regards

Brett from Ark

Hi Brett,

Since you announced this jack here I thought I'd ask here as well - do you have more technical specifications available? Perhaps you can tell us:

-Maximum height from middle of mount point to ground? Just how high can it go at maximum?
-Max dimensions of the frame that the mount clamps can accommodate?

I'm very interested after watching the vid. Is there stock in the US?

Thank you,

James

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Brett,
Do you have any specials coming up? and can you post pictures of all sides of the ArkPak 715? I am looking at this as a main battery source for my camping trailer and also for powering my tankless water heater during power outages and other small items around the house.

thanks

Hi rlynch 356

1Louder is correct (Refer post 67) just click on the link and it brings up all the images you are looking for, if you need any additional information please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Last edited:

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi Rlynch356

1Louder is correct (refer to post 69)

the back of the Arkpak is a plain black no ports or plugs.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater