1997 Tiger CX - Factory built on a 1993 Cummins 5.9 and a Manual transmission.

jebers53

Observer
Great. Hope you can make it. 2015 we had 30+ tigers from the #1 to the latest builds from SC. Plenty of amazing mods to see and share.

wheelie

Wheelie
Getting pretty close.......

Interior is 90% and is functional once again.

I couldn't find any classic alloy rims, so I went with a little bling, reminds me of a matchbox camper.

To do list is getting shorter.

All fluids changed - Started but not done.
Fine tune the diesel for better mileage.
Gauges mounted. -EGT, Boost, Trans temp & fuel pressure.
Front suspension - reworked & Checked (Springs and Bilsteins.)
Piaa Lights wired.
New Front Rotors - just because.
200w panels mounted to roof and finalize the coach batteries.
Mount Battery Isolator.
New bathroom vent.
New plumbing vent
Wire up the Nova-kool fridge
Pick out new Countertop and match the two movable tables as well.

Complete the exterior trim pieces, buff, wax after the vinyl wrap to match the cab stripes.
Stereo and back-up Camera.

and more..
I may recover the upholstery but not until we use it a bit.

What do you guys think so far?

Ned B

Looks great! Wish I had one like that in my driveway... So I could jump in & get away with style!

wheelie

Wheelie
super cool.

Except for the wheels:sombrero:

Haha,
On three front end gets lifted up to where it should be and the full length matching decals go on. I think the rims will look less bling.
I may even paint the machined face a grey/charcoal metallic. So it's not so strong.
Can you believe those are only 16" rims?

wheelie

Wheelie
Oh gee willy, those rims! I hope you didn't throw the old rims away, you may need them...

Ha Ha.

They are growing on me a bit.

I am not going to make any changes to it until i have the rest of the exterior plan finished.

Not that I care to much about other opinions, but its been fun. seems the rims are quite polarizing.
a complete 50/50 of love or hate. :)

Wait till you see the LED DOT headlights....now those are ugly. but extremely Functional

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
This thing is awesome! could you post up more pics of the cockpit area and engine/ undercarriage
very cool nice work and good choice of interior colors/styling.

wheelie

Wheelie
This thing is awesome! could you post up more pics of the cockpit area and engine/ undercarriage
very cool nice work and good choice of interior colors/styling.

Thanks!
Finally someone NOT making fun of my $85/each alloy rims. :coffeedrink:

I spent 8 hours under it today. New springs, isolators, bilsteins, rotors, pads & more.........

I will update tomorrow with pics.
New Moog HD Diesel Springs - Damn thing actually came up 2.8" Wow! (front)
I have air ride rear and had it sagged (low psi) to balance it out.
I am at 80psi in the rear now and it's level with fresh water full, fully geared and ready for our MTB bikes on the rear racks. (qty-4 bikes) with a Hitch rack underneath.
I am very happy a I went out for a test ride. I know of a few good roller dips on the hwy to test how much of a turd it may be.....WOW. Bilsteins, springs and perfect balance
Very happy!

the damn Tiger CX rode a few good rollers bumps better than my JK Unlimited- long arm........

I have been planning a full on before & after. But I still have a few cosmetic things to finish. Vinyl stripe..simple and full length, full buff & wax. and then I will.

Heath

XRrider

Observer
Looks great! Not too bling, at least they aren't chrome riddled with stars and faux SHCS everywhere. Will it be a moto hauler or have you gone all mtb?

wheelie

Wheelie
Air ride? Man, you gotta take some pictures of the goods, that's awesome!

I only added air ride rear shocks. Simple bolt in.
I have larger rear springs with additional springs to assist.

The air ride rear shocks are made by Gabriel and are an assist. It's exactly what I needed, as I have 75 psi added to them and the truck handles all bumps and dips perfectly balanced. (Shocks have. 200psi max)
Just drove it a few hundred miles and test camping this weekend.

I could not be any happier at this rigs performance. I am SO happy that all this came together as well as it has.

As you can see the front end rose almost 3" after the new Moog HD diesel springs.
I may add a hellwig rear sway bar as this will be the only thing that could finish it off.

But at this point it near perfect. The hellwig rear sway May help if I tow one of our Jeeps.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12