water heater storage

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Im looking for a storage box
TIBOX_electric_metal_box_steel_wall_mounting.jpg

To fit the Camp Chef Triton 5L. ill run the stuff through the bottom, blah blah. Want to mount it to the opening door portion so it swings out, keep the head and line in the open space.

thoughts?
hopefully someone who has done this that can shed light on sizes they used?

green73brc

Observer

To fit the Camp Chef Triton 5L. ill run the stuff through the bottom, blah blah. Want to mount it to the opening door portion so it swings out, keep the head and line in the open space.

thoughts?

What box is that in the first post? It is exactly what I am looking for to mount mine.

kevin604

Observer

thoughts?

My experiment with a Dewalt Tool Box was a big failure. It just wouldn't close properly. My lesson learned was that I needed a setup that also accomated the pump. So it needs to be wide and approx 6 " in depth to manage the buttons. So I built a basic box until I figure out something more permanent.

IMG_1593.jpg

I added a couple more strips along the bottom. But ultimately I want to make sure it's light enough to hang. I think something metal would be easier. The metal place near me will do some basic bending, so I might fab up something simple.

Scoutman

Explorer
I'm working on a similar project with a similar enclosure. So far the biggest trick is getting all the correct fittings so that it has enough room for the exhaust. I'm wanting to fit the pump, hose, and other washing related items in the box too. The space that I'm planning on mounting this dictates that it be mounted horizontally so turning things long ways won't work. I want a city fill connection so if I have access to a hose it can be connected. If not then that port would be used for the pump suction from a container in the bed of the truck.

IMG_20160312_201512167_HDR (Large).jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
I was going to use one of these on my trailer ;)
still really like the idea of having one my original plan was to use a pelican box but mount the stuff to the lid and the lid to your trailer or whatever ?
I was actually thinking a slide in style mount so I could move it easily if wanted and not store on the outside of the trailer ;)

that way all the clearance you need when open and then when closed everything will be water/dirt/dust tight etc..

wagex

Adventurer
i was looking for something similar, my brother has a left over box from his military stuff that is similar to a pelican case that is going to work perfect il post some pictures once i get it from him this weekend in texas.

Scoutman

Explorer
Did any of you get any further on this? The times I used mine I had pump cycling pulsing issues. I purchased an accumulator but it didn't seem to help much. It worked but it was just loud and vibrated a lot with all the pulsating. Part of that has to do with the 3.0 gpm that the pump puts out vs the 1.5 gpm max that the lines of the heater can flow. I messed around with adjusting various valves but still didn't get it quite right. Just curious what pump others were using and how it was working for them.

wagex

Adventurer
Did any of you get any further on this? The times I used mine I had pump cycling pulsing issues. I purchased an accumulator but it didn't seem to help much. It worked but it was just loud and vibrated a lot with all the pulsating. Part of that has to do with the 3.0 gpm that the pump puts out vs the 1.5 gpm max that the lines of the heater can flow. I messed around with adjusting various valves but still didn't get it quite right. Just curious what pump others were using and how it was working for them.

i use this pump https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P33KVQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i havent had any of the issues you have described i usually keep the heater and flame on lowest setting to conserve water while on extended trips.

Scoutman

Explorer
i use this pump https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P33KVQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i havent had any of the issues you have described i usually keep the heater and flame on lowest setting to conserve water while on extended trips.

The pump I'm using is a ShurFlo with 3.0gpm and I think 45 or so psi so similar specs on the pump. I noticed in the description of the FlowJet that it has a built in bypass eliminating the need for an accumulator. I hate to purchase another pump after all the fitting and such I have invested in ShurFlo now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle