SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

cactusjk

Explorer
I am not hard over on the AC. It gets pretty hot here in Livermore in the summer but the Fantastic fan will probably be fine at night. Open for suggestions on other shops if the wait time is better. Currently use a RTT on the FJ.

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
We belong to a semi-private club just South of Sacramento and it was 118 one day. It did cool down very quickly in the evening and I think with the fan we should be good. But I'm also the only one who still likes his Canyon cooler ice chest.
We have a road shower and as long as the water is warm, we use it quite a bit.

jamonsote

Amateur Adventurist
I've had some questions regarding my Buzz-Off and the 'kitchen' that I put together. Below are some pics. I grabbed a z-hitch bar from Cabela's for $20, welded an upright tube from there, added some set screws/knobs and a cage for the propane canister. For the tabletop, I used some 3/4" butcher block. Sealed it up pretty good and trimmed it with some aluminum C channel. On the underside of the table is a metal frame from some 1/2" pipe and a stubout that slides into the tube on the first piece.

Nothing special, but works well for a 2 burner, condiments, etc. It folds nearly flat and sets up really quickly. Not to mention it was only about $75.

IMG_4200 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4201 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4204 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I hadn't even looked at the Buzz-Off mainly because I'm 6'6" which makes the bed too short for me. I really like your table setup though I'm surprised you use those little bottles of lp. I really like seeing all the cool stuff that people are making.

I was going to build something like this once I got the trailer
IMG_0256.JPG

and attach it to one of my 1.25" receivers. I'm going to look at Cabella's to see that part.

cactusjk

Explorer
I decided to stay with Treeline since I enjoy working with Tom/Paty and it is in the Bay Area. We are in no rush and will have plenty of time to finalize the mod list from a good starting point.

It will be a 4.5 X 9 Sierra with a chassis upgrade

On the short list to figure out:

Onboard water
Under mattress storage
Premium interior LED lights
Group 31 AGM battery
Water heater options

Just about every other option is on it.

cactusjk

Explorer
How do you mount your Eccotemp? Hard to completely see in the picture.
Just finished a portable on-demand hot water (shower) system...just in time for fall adventures. Heater connects to my on-board, 30 gal-water system and propane tank. Works on demand so only heats when water flows through the system. (Can carry an additional 20 gals of water in jerry cans).

View attachment 367279

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I decided to stay with Treeline since I enjoy working with Tom/Paty and it is in the Bay Area. We are in no rush and will have plenty of time to finalize the mod list from a good starting point.

It will be a 4.5 X 9 Sierra with a chassis upgrade

On the short list to figure out:

Onboard water
Under mattress storage
Premium interior LED lights
Group 31 AGM battery
Water heater options

Just about every other option is on it.

It doesn't cost much to hold your spot so it's good you decided. I had a choice between a four, eight and a half or nine hours to get it. I talked to all three builders and decided on Mike.
We come from a camping trailer background so we had a pretty good idea on what we wanted and Mike was four months sooner.

Did you have a pic of the premium lights? I would ideally like to have the headboard lights with goosenecks and usb chargers. I may end up having to fabricate a bumpout to fit all of this.

cactusjk

Explorer
I don't have a current pic of the premium lights. Some of the options change a little and will definitely inquire about them and the gooseneck lights.

I have to say that Mike and Jon at Canyon Country were very responsive. Must be a teardrop thing... Definitely a good builder group to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179