2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

Samiman

Carefully cut up the original tundra outer cv joint and swap the center section that the 6 balls center the piece on. They should all be the same. If you don't have a stock tundra shaft shoot me a text cause I think I saved the ones from my shafts. I live in Vacaville and my cell is 7075923342. Nick

The diff spline count is the same on both axles as well as the hub splines. It's the internal splines that were changed on the aftermarket shafts.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Carefully cut up the original tundra outer cv joint and swap the center section that the 6 balls center the piece on. They should all be the same. If you don't have a stock tundra shaft shoot me a text cause I think I saved the ones from my shafts. I live in Vacaville and my cell is 7075923342. Nick

The diff spline count is the same on both axles as well as the hub splines. It's the internal splines that were changed on the aftermarket shafts.

The outer cv joints don't come off? They have to be cut to be removed?
I know my axles are OEM. Well I'm pretty sure lol. I rebooted them with Toyota boots. Do you know if the aftermarket taco outer will fit the Toyota Tundra shaft. I'm worry that the aftermarket taco outer joint is 27 spline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Sorry I been MIA. Been sick for almost two weeks before checking in with a dr who tells me I have walking pneumonia. So Parts have been sitting till I get better. I took over archive/deaver leaf spring project. Will need to install them and start seeing what changes if any is needed.

Than I got the manual hubs I need to get swapped in. Excited for both these mods

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Archives garage expo pack !!
f09c039c05b8033a3183df9abe0ff88d.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Price is TBD once testing is done. The Archive Expo pack is installed and my info has been sent it. The pack needs to be reworked. It's still shy of the lift its suppose to give.

So install photos to hold you guys out. Hopefully they come up with a solution soon so I can get the pack fine tuned.

The springs are designed to work with archive garage SFK as the springs are an inch longer. I'm actually excited to see that it's not just a heavy duty back but also longer. This should help with ride and flex.

Up in the air and ready to tear the old stuff out.

437b31404d124497ab35c17ee5e97317.jpg

3e0381bc8210e464399ea3d5219d05a5.jpg

200ed5f8b8882e6bf59f845de9c5755a.jpg

c173f3655a3226b47d5ede076b2a5570.jpg

d419240349d0857443f919adc673dd4b.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Curious to see what you find Bro-se

It rides great. Much better than the stock pack and 3 leaf. But the test pack needs work. I'm actually sitting lower than before lol. Waiting on Eric at archive garage to see what the next steps are

Your old springs look way better than mine do.

My truck was a mall crawler before i got it. The stock pack you see still has the 3 leaf AAL installed

On a side note I weight my truck earlier today. Full fuel tank with no camping gear in bed. I'm right at ~6000lbs. Front ~3000lbs and rear ~3000lbs

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
6000# is a pretty good dd weight. My T100 loaded down with camping gear (no sliders or rear swing out w/ spare) tips the scales at 5600#. And you have a V8! Haha

trailscape

Explorer
It rides great. Much better than the stock pack and 3 leaf. But the test pack needs work. I'm actually sitting lower than before lol. Waiting on Eric at archive garage to see what the next steps are

My truck was a mall crawler before i got it. The stock pack you see still has the 3 leaf AAL installed

On a side note I weight my truck earlier today. Full fuel tank with no camping gear in bed. I'm right at ~6000lbs. Front ~3000lbs and rear ~3000lbs

I'm thinking mine may have been used commercially. In the right lighting I can almost make out some fading that could have been lettering on the door. Also, some rivnuts installed in the bed an some existing radio wiring.

rickashay

Explorer
Wow Jose, I'm surprised you are still sitting low. They definitely rode nice for me too but they were just too low. I thought the extra leaves were going to be the ticket. Curious how this all unfolds, I'm sure Eric and Deaver will get it figured out though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998