The "Az Crew" Thread

Oso

Forest Defecator
Lots of miles for sure. Though I might have a different rig by then. I have an unexpected offer on the rig that's enough to seriously consider selling it. I've countered with an amount I'd be crazy not to take- and he'd be crazy to pay. But if he's dumb enough to spend that much, I'm mean enough to take it.🤑

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Oso's mechanical skills have progressed to 'champion' level, so he's gonna need an SR.

And Dr. Rockzo approves of LordTrunks' post.

John B.

Oso

Forest Defecator
IF it sells I'll replace it with 2 or 3 Gen 1s. Or maybe a Prius. No gen 2s for me. Need my vent windows.

Oso

Forest Defecator
Ok, I'll bite... why do you need your vent windows?

1. coolness factor (i need all the help can get)
2. in this climate they are a nice alternative to a/c or a larger open window
3. spares are easier to store for those times when the keys get locked inside

...and mostly it's a good excuse for not moving to a gen 2 (because I'm actually too lazy to learn to fix another vehicle)

HUM469

Working... and working...
A blast from the past....

Hey you guys! I am home....

I know I have let a year or three slip by, and it seemed rather lonely over at the Wire when I checked in a bit ago. I see some familiar faces here though! Thanks Toasty for pointing me in the right direction...

That said, I haven't been able to play with the Monty much for quite a while, I hope that can change soon. After a couple years working like a dog to get my company running well, then blowing the water pump earlier this year and being a lazy *** about it, it's been sitting for nearly 7 months. I did replace the pump and everything else on the front, but somehow got the timing belt off by a tooth. No power, and that sapped all my power to take it all apart a second time (well really a third time, but that's another story). I "should" be bringing it home in a couple of weeks though and working on it in my shop at home here should be a whole lot more fun than in at my office in Cottonwood.

In any case though, the AZ Crew taught me so much and helped out plenty, I wanted to extend an offer. I have bought an International 1600 chassis with a 26 foot box on it that the previous owner set up as an enclosed car hauler. I am rebuilding the truck as a bunkhouse/gear hauler but I intend to keep the winch mounted inside and the ramps that are rated for 5K per axle to use the truck as my own wrecker too. If any AZ Crew needs to haul an inoperative truck, give me a call or shoot me a message. If I can, I will gladly help out and move whatever, where ever in exchange for all the help I have gotten in the past (and all the questions I am sure to ask in the future!). The only other thing I might ask is that you buy me a few gallons of bio-diesel if I am driving across town or further. I will be posting up a build thread for the truck too as we have some really neat plans for it that I hope will come to pass, but it is ready to work within the next week assuming Amazon delivers the last parts I need as planned. Not sure if I know how (or even can) post photos here yet, but lets see if I can show you all it's current ugliness currently....

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

In any case, let me know how I can help, and while I am at it too, anyone have any big *** tire irons?

HUM469

Working... and working...
'Bout time you showed back up again, Dylan. Hope you're doing good.

It's been a long road the last couple years, but I am still slugging it out. They say in business if you can make it through the third year, your probably good to keep going. Well, year three ends in just a few months and I am still alive! As for showing up, that might have happened slightly sooner if it wasn't for the fact everyone ran off with a different board!

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
I'm all-in for my '87 again. I ordered a DynoMax VT muffler and a Flowmaster catalytic converter, both with 2.5" ins and outs and a 2.5" mandrel bent downpipe from Top End Performance to replace the stock pre-cat downpipe that came on the Starion engine that has been shown to be quite restrictive. I sure hope this engine runs!

I finally got the (what appear to be) the correct copper washers for the oil cooler banjo bolts, since IncorporatedX had me order ones for a '95 SR, because the dealer gave me incorrect ones when I ordered them for an '88 Conquest.

I have a 33x12.5-15 BFG KM2 (new) tire all mounted and balanced on my SR wheel ready to go on to replace the spare that's on there now (which vibrates like crazy), so that's ready, too. I'll be running this stuff (except for the exhaust things that I just ordered) out to the test kitchen-garage at Toasty's, hopefully tonight after work.

ALERT! ALERT! Diamond SP-III...quarts for $6 each when ordered in quantity from Mark Mitsubishi in Scottsdale. The 14th St Crew has 48 on order to flush four Monteros. They cannot ship fluids, so you have to order them in and pick them up. Great price. Tell them you heard about the price from me!

John B.

RyanY

Adventurer
I ordered a DynoMax VT muffler and a Flowmaster catalytic converter, both with 2.5" ins and outs and a 2.5" mandrel bent downpipe from Top End Performance to replace the stock pre-cat downpipe that came on the Starion engine that has been shown to be quite restrictive.

I have a Flowmaster cat sitting in my garage that I had to take off my Montero because it wouldn't pass emissions with it. Hopefully you won't have the same problem with yours.

tork202

Looking for a gen3

Hi, I'm looking for a gen 3 Montero in the Phx market, does anyone have any tips, advice, or knowledge of the few on craigslist? Thanks for your help and hope to be joining up with the group soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179