2013 Toyota 4Runner, Equipt Edition Build

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
A Fuso! Dang, you figured it out! Um, no. Just kidding, no Fuso.

And no Taco. Very cool, but not sure about the 3.5L either.

Sorry for the lack of communication on all this. Typical spring time. Just running too fast to start a cognitive conversation. I will start one, well, actually two build threads, very soon.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Cheers,

Equipt

OK!OK! Been a little busy here. Still haven't started a thread on the vehicles we have been working on. So I'll give you a little teaser. We'll start proper build threads as soon as I can breathe in.

Two trucks we are working on. A 2004 Tundra and a 2013 200 Series Land Cruiser. Both were at Expo West this year. I am bringing the Tundra and Chaser to Expo East, so come by and say hi.

2016-05-13 17.35.25.jpg2016-05-13 17.30.55.jpg2016-05-13 17.25.30.jpg

Stay tuned for details. Not going to build these threads here. Sorry for the delays.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Nice!

Rocking the 200 Series and showing some love to an old Tundra! Guess you missed the 4.7 in the 100 hugh, lol...

I look forward to seeing what you put together on these two.

mascot

Thank you for putting this thread together, Paul. I've really enjoyed it. I'm trying to decide between a 2014 200 or a new 4rTE at the moment, myself.

NoOneBetter

Observer
Hey Paul, what shovel did you have mounted with your shovel mount? I recently picked up a shovel mount for my K9 rack but can't seem to find a shovel that fits in it. I've got a 25" d-handle shovel from home depot and its way to big and the clamp doesn't even come close to closing. I almost feel like I have the axe mount instead since my fiskars hatchet fits perfectly in it.

Equipt

That is a very good question. Shovel handles are all over the map, diameter wise. The shovel that I have been using has a fiberglass shaft (from Lowes) on it, and it is too small. I ended up wrapping some black duct tape around the points of contact with the mount to make it fit correctly. So the issue goes both ways on that one. The optimal size diameter is between 1-1/8" and 1-3/8". The clamp will adjust within that parameter. The combo mounts that we have that hold both a shovel and an axe at the same time accommodate up to 1-1/2" diameter handles. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior