**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

ttengineer

Adventurer
:sombrero: Sorry I can't see any reason for use of ANY FOAM--unless, of course---you're in a hurry-

This mattress is the best I've found in years-

Feb%202016%20001_zpslyzafuj3.jpg

Tepui-Lightspeed%20mnattress%20004_zpshhltvbus.jpg

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

See I think it would be smart for RTT manufacturers to pair with companies like thermarest, exped, and Nemo for mattress and even tent design. I think the right mattress would greatly reduce the amount of condensation on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
I think an air mattress would be a great idea for a RTT, lighter, less bulky when folded, and probably more comfortable in hot weather. However, I've never owned an air mattress that didn't eventually leak. Some of the nicer ones lasted longer, but they've all eventually left me on the floor after a night of sleeping. These weren't even used for camping, just around the house, so it's not like they saw a lot of wear and tear that a camping mattress would see. Also, the pumps are pretty loud if you have to setup your camp at night.

A self inflating 4" thermarest might be the best of both worlds, but prohibitively expensive.

billum v2.0

Boxrocket and Doording.........

appreciate reading your experience with the new plush mattress once you've used.

Happy with my tent with this single exception. Been unsuccessful so far in resolving. Expensive fix, but worth it if noticeably more comfortable.

Box Rocket

Went out over this past weekend and was finally able to test the new Luxury mattress. It's a nice upgrade IMO. The foam is more dense than the standard mattress so it is slightly more firm and supportive. The thin latex layer on the top is soft and feels comfortable. Sleeping comfort is very subjective so take my comments with a grain of salt as your experience might be slightly different with differing results. I'm a side sleeper, I'm 5'8" and ~170lbs. So I'm not the biggest guy so I won't be compressing the mattress as much as someone who is 6'4" and 250lbs. However, I don't bottom out with the new mattress when sleeping on my side. On my back, I never bottomed out with the standard mattress and would rarely feel the floor when on my side with the standard mattress, but the new mattress does feel more supportive and should reduce the likelihood of "bottoming out" if you are having that issue.
I was pleased with the new mattress. I didn't sleep that well over the weekend but that was because of 60+mph winds and rain and being a light sleeper not because I wasn't comfortable. :) Had I not left my earplugs at home, I wouldn't have heard the wind/rain and I'm sure would have slept great.
A few people have asked about using the luxury mattress on top of the standard mattress. I tried this in the driveway before leaving for the weekend, but didn't use it this way when camping. It did fit and I was able to get the tent closed but it was tight and the zipper on the cover was noticeably more difficult to zip. I would not have been able to leave any bedding inside the tent if using both mattresses. So while it is technically possible to use both mattresses, it will put more stress on the buckles that keep the tent closed as well as the zipper on the cover which could lead to premature fatigue of those parts.

billum v2.0

Went out over this past weekend and was finally able to test the new Luxury mattress. It's a nice upgrade IMO. The foam is more dense than the standard mattress so it is slightly more firm and supportive. The thin latex layer on the top is soft and feels comfortable. Sleeping comfort is very subjective so take my comments with a grain of salt as your experience might be slightly different with differing results. I'm a side sleeper, I'm 5'8" and ~170lbs. So I'm not the biggest guy so I won't be compressing the mattress as much as someone who is 6'4" and 250lbs. However, I don't bottom out with the new mattress when sleeping on my side. On my back, I never bottomed out with the standard mattress and would rarely feel the floor when on my side with the standard mattress, but the new mattress does feel more supportive and should reduce the likelihood of "bottoming out" if you are having that issue.

Adam

Side sleeper, 6' and 155 lbs. Do you have an ETA on the backordered Kukenam standard size luxury mattress? PM me pricing shipped to 50021.

Thanks

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Got my Tepui tent installed. We are very happy with it, especially for the price we paid. Really seems to be put together nicely. Only real complaint is that one of the storage pockets inside was completely miss-stitched leaving an open hole in it. Hopefully will get out and use it this coming weekend!

webcrest

I saw on your site accessories category for kukenam roofing tent and Gear Bags I am interested in these items can you please tell me about how long these items available and their cost and everything about these accessories and tell me more about the rack page I read this page in your website but little bit confuse Tepui Tents roofing

Box Rocket

I saw on your site accessories category for kukenam roofing tent and Gear Bags I am interested in these items can you please tell me about how long these items available and their cost and everything about these accessories and tell me more about the rack page I read this page in your website but little bit confuse Tepui Tents roofing

The cost for the items are all posted on the website in US$. There is a 10% discount for forum members. I notice your profile says you are in Pakistan. We currently only ship within the United States and Canada.
Tepui does not sell roof racks directly, but we have partnered with BajaRack and can put together a tent/rack combo for you if you are interested. That combination is already discounted so the 10% forum discount isn't able to be added to it.

Timofeevich

I have recently decided to buy a weatherhood for my Baja Series Kukenam that has a width of 56" and does not extend over the ledder covering entry area.

Unfortunately, the Tepui website does not provide clear dimensions and pictures for each of 5 types of weatherhoods they sell, but only give name of the tent they are designed for and the price, as below :

Ayer at $200.00
Kukenam at $225.00
Kukenam XL at $245.00
Autana at $245.00
Autana XL at $275.00

So, I ordered on Amazon the Weatherhood for Kukenam at $225.00 assuming that it will pefectly fit the Baja Series Kukenam (width 56" with no extension over the entry, as shown on the 1st picture). No other information with regards to size was available on either Amazon or Tepui website.

To my surprise I have received today the Tepui Weatherhood for Kukenam at $225.00 that has a width of 72" instead of 56" and has the extension over the entry area, (as shown on the 2nd picture).

Was it the wrong item supplied by Amazon or the wrong Weatherhood ordered ? If the wrong Weatherhood ordered, then which one I should have ordered (and at what price) in order to get it with a width of 56" and without the extension over the entry area, (as shown on the 1st picture) ?

Thanks !
Tepui_Weatherhood_002.jpgTepui_Weatherhood_005.jpg

Box Rocket

I have recently decided to buy a weatherhood for my Baja Series Kukenam that has a width of 56" and does not extend over the ledder covering entry area.

Unfortunately, the Tepui website does not provide clear dimensions and pictures for each of 5 types of weatherhoods they sell, but only give name of the tent they are designed for and the price, as below :

Ayer at $200.00
Kukenam at $225.00
Kukenam XL at $245.00
Autana at $245.00
Autana XL at $275.00

So, I ordered on Amazon the Weatherhood for Kukenam at $225.00 assuming that it will pefectly fit the Baja Series Kukenam (width 56" with no extension over the entry, as shown on the 1st picture). No other information with regards to size was available on either Amazon or Tepui website.

To my surprise I have received today the Tepui Weatherhood for Kukenam at $225.00 that has a width of 72" instead of 56" and has the extension over the entry area, (as shown on the 2nd picture).

Was it the wrong item supplied by Amazon or the wrong Weatherhood ordered ? If the wrong Weatherhood ordered, then which one I should have ordered (and at what price) in order to get it with a width of 56" and without the extension over the entry area, (as shown on the 1st picture) ?

Thanks !
View attachment 397360View attachment 397361
It sounds like you received the wrong weather hood from amazon. The one you were sent sounds like it is for the Autana XL.
Amazon should be able to correct the mistake and send you the correct weatherhood. Are you having it shipped to the Ukraine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger