SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

BlackRubiX

Overlander
Hey Guy's I'm the Owner of Overlander's Expedition Outfitters in Lubbock, TX. We are the Regional Manufacturer for So-Cal Teardrops in Texas and Oklahoma. I just wanted to share something pretty cool we did custom for a client here in Texas. He wanted a shelf at the head of the trailer to place phones and other small things while laying down. One thing I think I would add would be a USB Port to charge phones. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
4fb5ea260185b8b0fe33aa4366bea756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Hey Guy's I'm the Owner of Overlander's Expedition Outfitters in Lubbock, TX. We are the Regional Manufacturer for So-Cal Teardrops in Texas and Oklahoma. I just wanted to share something pretty cool we did custom for a client here in Texas. He wanted a shelf at the head of the trailer to place phones and other small things while laying down. One thing I think I would add would be a USB Port to charge phones. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

I've did think about this but ordered the two fold down shelves instead. I having left and right lights next to them which will have both usb and Anderson outlets.
Like the woodwork too, matches just fine.
Did you install a heater in the front?

4runnerteq

Explorer
4fb5ea260185b8b0fe33aa4366bea756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig it. A/C hook up looks nice also

JCDriller

Adventurer
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, do you have some pictures of examples and I may be able to answer that question better?

Sure, here are a couple photos I've snagged off the net.

Here the water heater is mounted to the tire carrier:

Here the water heater is mounted to the trailer:

I like the idea of maximizing counter/sink space, however, I'd imagine adjusting the water temp and starting/stopping the water heater is much more convenient with the heater mounted to the swing out next to the sink.

Luckytibbs

LuckyTibbs
Sure, here are a couple photos I've snagged off the net.

Here the water heater is mounted to the tire carrier:

Here the water heater is mounted to the trailer:

I like the idea of maximizing counter/sink space, however, I'd imagine adjusting the water temp and starting/stopping the water heater is much more convenient with the heater mounted to the swing out next to the sink.

This is my trailer with the water heater mounted on the side. The back end gets an ENORMOUS amount of dust, I've been in some super dusty roads both in Arizona and Wyoming and if the water heater was mounted on the rear it would get all that. I've not had any issue with the heater mounted on the side but I usually have my "rinse" water in a little plastic tub when I do dishes.

mizeide

Michael - Owner Wanderlust Overland
The other difference I see between the two is that with a trailer mounted water heater, the water is already plumbed to the system, on the swing out it would be one extra connection from the valve on the trailer to the hot water heater.

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
All I know is that we are super stoked that we have this option again. We are getting the swing out with the sink and cutting board without the spare tire attachment. I will be adding extra backup lights and a trasharoo.
A shoutout to @mizeide for being willing to build these, the timing is perfect since it would be difficult to add later.

JCDriller

Adventurer
All I know is that we are super stoked that we have this option again. We are getting the swing out with the sink and cutting board without the spare tire attachment. I will be adding extra backup lights and a trasharoo.
A shoutout to @mizeide for being willing to build these, the timing is perfect since it would be difficult to add later.

Why are you forgoing the tire carrier? Are you not carrying a spare, seems like no better place to mount it. Congrats on getting it added to your build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle