Ark Pak - Questions and Queries

austintaco

Explorer
Don't bother. I had one replaced under warranty and when that one went bad they wouldn't replace it again. I went on Amazon and got a higher amperage rated 12vv to 24v converter and it has been flawless for the last couple of years. Also for only $35.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Do you remember the mfr of that one?thanks!

moabian

Hello. Does Brett still check in on this thread? I have been trying to order a DC/DC charger with no luck or feedback from Ark Pak. I have called and emailed, but have only heard radio silence.

I emailed ArkPak with a question about 2 weeks ago...never got a reply. Perhaps they are going out of business. If not, their customer service truly sucks.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I emailed ArkPak with a question about 2 weeks ago...never got a reply. Perhaps they are going out of business. If not, their customer service truly sucks.

There is a support forum on their Australian website that gets some traffic including responses from Brett in the last day or so. Maybe you guys can try there. They certainly aren't active here.

austintaco

Explorer
Anyone know the specs needed or a plug and play 12 volt charger for the original units? I was looking for the one that Pics4 purchased but was not finding it on Amazon

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
Anyone know the specs needed or a plug and play 12 volt charger for the original units? I was looking for the one that Pics4 purchased but was not finding it on Amazon
You probably won't find a plug and play 12v to 24v aftermarket. I bought the transformer below and did my own soldering and set the connectors from the old unit. About 15 minutes of work. Make sure you fuse it as well. The amperage is higher on this which will keep it from burning up like the stock one because of overdraw. DROK DC-DC Waterproof Car Boost Power Converter 12V to 24V 12A Voltage Regulator 288W Volt Step up Transformer Module for Battery Solar Energy LCD TV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018XBH2GW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jGSqzbVGQQN99

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Does the Anderson plug on an Ark Pak 715 charge through the smart charger portion? Or does it hook directly to the battery itself?

Of do you have to use the 12V to 12V power pack?

I like the idea of using the Anderson plug to connect the Ark Pak directly to the chassis battery.

Hi Patrick

thank you for the post i can confirm the Anderon plug is linked directly to the battery and does NOT go thru the smart charging system, you are correct as well the only way you activate the smart charing system is bt the 12 v lead and the main 110 volt home lead.

thanks for your feedback as well.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Do you have to replace your factory battery like you do with a dual battery setup? Can you run the factory battery and then have a group 31 deep cycle battery?

I'm cross shopping this, a goal zero yeti 400, and dual battery setup to run a fridge

Hi Jon

no you do not need to replace your factory at all you do do as you say use your factory battery and then add on a group 31 deep cycle battery.

Regards

Brett fom Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Anyone using the ArkPak 730 with a Lithium Ion battery? I've been using a 50-lb Odyssey PC-1500T but have been thinking about switching to a 100 ah LiFePO4 since the prices have come down slightly. However, I no longer see anything about Lithium Ion compatibility on the ArkPak website. Were there problems?

Edit a few hours later: I hope not...because I just got a helluva price on a 100ah Lithium Ion battery from Battle Born Batteries in Nevada. It should be here Thursday. It will have much more capacity and be substantially lighter than the Odyssey. The Battle Born battery was shipped within an hour of ordering and I even got a call from a guy at the company. He said they call everyone who orders one of their batteries. I probably spent 15 minutes on the phone with him. He had gone so far as to research the ArkPak to see if it met the charging requirements and, after checking the ArkPak connectors, he also sent the bolts I will need to connect the battery.

Hi Moabian

sorry for the late reply i can confirm that the Ark Pak AP730 is LiFeP04 compatible, i want to strongly advise you that it is NOT Lithium ION compatible under no circumstances do we advise or encourage you to put a Lithium ion battery into the Ark Pak the reason being is the Lithium Ion batteries require an extremely complex charging curve and any slight error can cause a catastrophic failure of the battery.

if you have any more questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Can I charge a Ark Pak 730 DC to DC while having it plugged into my fridge? I was about to purchase your DC to DC charging kit and then read that it is not compatible with your 715 and 730 models.

HI when you purchase a Ark Pak AP730 the AC home charging lead and the DC to DC car charging lead are included in the purchase cost, and it is no problem to charge and discharge at the same time.

if you have any more questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hello. Does Brett still check in on this thread? I have been trying to order a DC/DC charger with no luck or feedback from Ark Pak. I have called and emailed, but have only heard radio silence. Mine fried last year and I waited until now to get a new one.

Hi Austintaco

sorry for the absence from the thread i have been extremely busy working on several projects at the same time this leaves me with less time, have you been able to order the Dc to DC lead your require ? and i do apologize for the lack of reply.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK

Hi Moabian

and all the feedback is most welcome and i do apolgise for the lack of replies on this page i have been busy with looking after several project at the same time, i can assure all we are not going out of business and i have followed up with my Chicago head office about the lack of follow thru and it will be addressed.

if anyone has this problem in the future which i hope does not happen my direct work email is brett@arkcorporation.com i would strongly encourage you to reach out and contact me Ark prodes it self of customer service we have been in business since 1978 and plan to be for a long time into the future.

your feedback is most welcome as it gives me the opportunity to address my staff and improve so thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

Regards

Brett from Ark

austintaco

Explorer
Hi Austintaco

sorry for the absence from the thread i have been extremely busy working on several projects at the same time this leaves me with less time, have you been able to order the Dc to DC lead your require ? and i do apologize for the lack of reply.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Hi Brett,
I have had no luck on finding the DC to D.C. Charger for the Ark Pak. I can't order it online and none of my calls or emails have been returned. It fried last year while we were out in the camper and I am hoping to get a new one before we leave next week.

Thanks!
Patrick

moabian

Glad to hear ArkPak is still around. I mispoke (miswrote?) when I called the Battle Born battery Lithium Ion...it is Lithium Iron (not ion) Phosphate...or LiFePO4. The question I tried to get answered by ArkPak tech support was whether or not it was normal for the fan in the ArkPak to be running even when the unit was turned off. The ArkPak is in the enclosed bed of my truck and it has been in the 100s lately so it is well over 100 in the truck bed. I've been able to hear the fan running with the unit off, and if I turn on the display, it reads -1W when the fan is running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior