1992 E350 4x4 Ambo Conversion, Ohio

tgreening

Expedition Leader
SOLD: 11/10/17

Ohio
1992 E350
7.3 idi Hypermax Turbo
$26,900
This Big Beastie has a 6” Ujoint lift topping the newer style 37” MTRs wrapping recentered 12-bolt double internal beadlocks.

She’s tall enough to cross the gnarliest of mall parking lots. The wheel tire combos are pushing 200# each and will pop Zombie carcasses like drunkin Catholic cherries during Friday night Prom. The Detroit Locker in the rear D70 and the Grizzly Locker in the front D60 will guarantee that you will be well and truly screwed by the time your Budweiser fueled, Nascar watchin, cousin lovin dumb *** has finished saying “Hol mah beer n watch this!”, and then proceeded to blast off through the Back 40 mud pit that is your back yard and burried Big Beastie to the roof line.

No worries though because while you wait for your Uncle Brother to finally remember how to fire up the family tractor whose age is only exceeded by Granny, and come pull you out, you can chill out in the back, kept cool (or warm) by the rear heat/air, fed by the propane stove, clean by the sink, evacuated by the porta-pottle, and thoroughly soused by all the Emergency Brew contained in the AC/DC fridge/freezer. If the EBs get the best of you and Uncle Brother can’t figure out the two-step start sequence for Ol’ Bessy you can always pass the farq out on the platform bed.

Power locks and windows and cruise control.
Brand new windshield.
Tint in various places.
Enough outside compartments to haul along any number of buddies/bodies.
There are 5 tire/wheel combos.
There are 5 “old style” chevron tread tires that can go with it. I’d say somewhere around 40-50% tread, except for the spare which is better.

There’s enough done here to make her a hop in and go rig with a never ending list of things that you could always do anyway in order to “make her yours”.

Theres no rot. The axles and transmission have been rebuilt. The axles got all new bearings, seals, brakes, gears (4.88s) and the mentioned lockers. The transmission (auto) got rebuilt with whatever trannys get rebuilt with and updated to the later specs of said transmission. The xfer case only had 55k on it so just got serviced (fluid change).

The rear module is built like a tank. Seriously. It’s all 2” square aluminum tube frame and about .120 plate skin. It’s not sheet aluminum thats for sure. At the 2016 Expo East I slept like a rock while all my soft-sided neighbors were either rockn n rollin in the wind, or watchin their tents turned into kites.

There are only a few issues I know of. When I installed the Turbo I screwed up (somewhere) the water in fuel and oil pressure hookups. They no workee properly. And the ABS light comes and goes as it sees fit. Doesn’t seem to affect anything.

Tires/wheels. Theses suckers are big and weigh a Metric ******k-Tonne. Balancing is a real chore and it’s prone to some 45-55 shimmy. When they’re good and warmed up its minimal, but if you leave it sit for a few days and especially if it’s cold out, they’ll be wobbly till they warm up and relax a bit. Yanking the bead-locks out might cure the issue because I hear they can be an issue when it comes to balancing. Never got around to it.

Ask. Ask ask ask. Don’t assume you get it if I didn’t mention it, and dont assume you DONT.

Asking price is $26,900. No personal checks. No money orders, Western Unions or Box Tops. If its a bank check I WILL make you wait up to 2 weeks to make sure that sucker clears because as I learned in the past theres cleared and then theres Cleared.

No trades unless the make is Jennifer and the model is Lawrence. No deposed Princes from Barunga looking to funnel his fortunes out of the country.

Title is free and clear and ready to put your X on.

IMG_0765.jpgIMG_0724.jpgIMG_0626.jpgIMG_0513.jpg

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Well I dont know why the fargin things are rotated. Anyone can figure that out, feel free to fix. Cant seem to find my interior pics but as soon as I do I'll post. Any questions or wants, just ask.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I can't fix that post, but I can rotate and repost the pictures here. I also 'enhanced' them a little.

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Ive seen her in person...its a FREAKING WORK OF ART!!!!

If I had money and space...

OH..it also has flip down foot steps to allow access up the side to the roof...we used them to measure her height for a tunnel..

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I checked this rig out last year at expo east. Very high build quality and pretty much a turn key rig. Best of luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle