Jack's 2007 Chevy Build

locrwln

Expedition Leader
This is not good.

For me :drool:

Yeah, I'll be the guinea pig on this one, then when we get ready to do yours; I'll keep track of any shortcuts/hints to make it go faster. You know you could order your metal from Greenspeed and pick it up on the way back. Just a thought. :wings:
Jack

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Nice! What’s your solution for the mismatched bolt patterns? Adapters out back? Matching Sterling 10.5?

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Nice photos/documentation Jack...and just a little bit of work ;)

Thank you and yes it is. I hope I've prepped everything to make it as easy as possible.

Nice! What's your solution for the mismatched bolt patterns? Adapters out back? Matching Sterling 10.5?

Fred Goeske wheel adapters. They change the bolt pattern to match the 8x170mm and widen the track to match the front axle width.
Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
So I decided to get the truck weighed today because I wanted to see how much it weighed with the IFS and compare that to the final weight once the SAS is done.
Front: 4920lbs
Rear: 2980lbs
Total: 7900lbs
That is with a nearly full tank of fuel and me sitting in it (155lbs).
Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Measurements and facts are good.

I agree.

Can't wait to see it done. It's making me want to do my duramax

Me neither. Trust me, don't drive one. I was on the fence because this is such a major undertaking. Both my wife and I drove Trevor's SAS'd truck from WFO Concepts and could not believe how well it drove and rode. Felt like a whole different animal in the best way possible and that made it much more difficult to talk myself out of it. Even my wife is onboard and looking forward to the conversion; she was that impressed with Trevor's. That is why I bought my coilovers from WFO. I really liked the valving and spring rate. I am running heavier in the front with my bumper/winch, so I hope it's not going to be too soft. I guess we will see.
Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Passenger side from ground to fender with IFS
IMG_2067-L.jpg

Driver's side from ground to the fender with IFS
IMG_2066-L.jpg

The incredible floating truck
IMG_2072-L.jpg

IMG_2070-L.jpg

The major work starts tomorrow.
Jack

Last edited:

Bojak

Adventurer
Very interested to see how this goes. What are your plans for the kings that will be coming off?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I agree.

Me neither. Trust me, don't drive one. I was on the fence because this is such a major undertaking. Both my wife and I drove Trevor's SAS'd truck from WFO Concepts and could not believe how well it drove and rode. Felt like a whole different animal in the best way possible and that made it much more difficult to talk myself out of it. Even my wife is onboard and looking forward to the conversion; she was that impressed with Trevor's. That is why I bought my coilovers from WFO. I really liked the valving and spring rate. I am running heavier in the front with my bumper/winch, so I hope it's not going to be too soft. I guess we will see.
Jack

Live-axle trucks, particularly those with coil springs, can drive impressively well. I have said and written repeatedly that the new fourth-Gen Dodge/Ram trucks (that I own) are the best driving circulating ball trucks I have ever operated. And that is with stock suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior