2019 Tundra

D

Deleted member 9101

In this day and age, why rely on anecdotes? Look up long term tests for real mpg, or Fuelly. That's something you can compare. I get ~4mpg more than Fuelly shows as average, but that's likely because of where I live and how I drive.

Same for reliability. If you look at anecdotes you'll find experiences all over the map. But on average the Tundra is much more reliable than the Big 3. It isn't even close.

Oh, and cost. Please spec out a F150 like my Tundra and tell me what it costs. I already did, the MSRP of the Ford was ~$6k more. I paid $31.2k for my Tundra OTD.

It's great that you like your Ford, but you are being a real ******** by suggesting that only koolaid drinkers would buy a Tundra. :Wow1:

Right at $32,000 out the door for my 2017 XL with the STX package and an extended warranty.

20171111_094819.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Want to lay some money on it? Do you "believe" in physics? With a tailwind that strong, the air resistance is cut by more than half. That much of a elevation drop effectively negates rolling resistance. So the engine had to produce about 1/3rd the power it would take to drive on a flat road with no wind. Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't get higher mpg.

And my reason for making the claim was to show that anyone's anecdote about trip mpg is meaningless.

I know for a fact that you are wrong...I have made that exact drive in a Tundra many times.

rruff

Explorer
Theres no anecdotal for me, only personal.

Your personal experience is anecdotal. That's fine to state your personal experience and to rely on it for making purchases. Where you get delusional is where you claim your personal anecdotal experience describes everyone else's as well.

D

Deleted member 9101

It's great that you like your Ford, but you are being a real ******** by suggesting that only koolaid drinkers would buy a Tundra. :Wow1:

Actually, no one has made that claim. You seem to be offended to your core because people disagree with you and bought something other than a Toyota and have personal experience that goes against what you have read on the internet.

rruff

Explorer
Right at $32,000 out the door for my 2017 XL with the STX package and an extended warranty.

It's more money for a 2WD, shortbed, and a wee motor.

I looked for a F150 spec'd like mine and didn't find any as cheap. They do tend to discount the Fords more (ie you'll usually get more off MSRP), but it depends on the model and how popular they are.

D

Deleted member 9101

It's more money for a 2WD, shortbed, and a wee motor.

I looked for a F150 spec'd like mine and didn't find any as cheap. They do tend to discount the Fords more (ie you'll usually get more off MSRP), but it depends on the model and how popular they are.

******** @ wee motor. Want to run the 1/4 mile for $1,000? I'll be in Alamo this summer.

rruff

Explorer
Actually, no one has made that claim. You seem to be offended to your core because people disagree with you and bought something other than a Toyota and have personal experience that goes against what you have read on the internet.

This thread is turning out like the Jonestown massacre, those who willingly drank the coolaid are trying to force it down the throat of those who didnt drink it.

You just keep making stuff up.

And no, I don't want to race you in your 2wd wee motor turbo with street tires. But I'll bet you $100,000 that my truck can get 30 mpg from Ruidoso to Roswell, with a 25 mph tailwind.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
folks we, for some reason, keep forgetting that Tundra and Tacoma are indeed domestic trucks.
They are as Japanese as Domino pizza is Italian. (Founded by an Irish guy in Michigan).

They might be better trucks but not nearly as good as TLC70 or TLC200 or even 4R

perterra

Adventurer
Your personal experience is anecdotal. That's fine to state your personal experience and to rely on it for making purchases. Where you get delusional is where you claim your personal anecdotal experience describes everyone else's as well.

Not to me it's not, and I dont give a **** what you drive. It describes my experience, I dont care what any one else thinks.

Clutch

<---Pass
My experience has been different than yours obviously. Last F-150 I drove 125,000 miles and never put a wrench to it other than tires and oil changes. Got 66,000 on this one, havent touched anything but a new battery. Thats a pretty good cost of ownership. My Tacoma gets 18 mpg, this 150 is a steady 22-23 mpg. 20% better resale means little if you pay 20% more up front. The project I am on right now has required about 300 miles a day for the last 6 weeks, yes, I will take the most comfort any day of the week.

This thread is turning out like the Jonestown massacre, those who willingly drank the coolaid are trying to force it down the throat of those who didnt drink it.

Resale does seem to be pretty good on F-150's have been looking at low mile used Ecoboost and V8's. Not has nuts as Tacomas, crazy what they go for with 100K miles on them. Trying to find a low mile ACLB V6 4WD under $20K is darn near impossible. Where I can find a brand new Super Cab F150 NA V6 for a couple only 4 grand more.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/722387940/overview/

Last edited:

perterra

Adventurer
Resale does seem to be pretty good on F-150's have been looking at low mile used ones. Not has nuts as Tacomas, crazy what they go for with 100K miles on them. Trying to find a low mile ACLB V6 4WD under $20K is darn near impossible. Where I can find a brand new Super Cab F150 NA V6 for a couple only 4 grand more.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/722387940/overview/

Tacomas have gotten stupid on resale. Theres no way a 4 year old with 100,000 miles is worth $3k less than a new one.

Fords little V6 is a great motor, but there are a few things that concern me as it gets the miles on it. Like water pump replacement, having to pull the engine, or the front end off the truck doesnt seem all that well designed to me.

I'm anxious to see the Ranger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior