GXV Turtle almost ready to hatch ?

Questor

Huge member
Very nice. I have no doubts about the quality of the construction, or the components used, and the size is just about perfect.
Well done. I hope you have great success with this model. I hope to see one on the road some day.
Q~

srqsup

Observer
We are about to pick up our rather modified Turtle from GXV in mid December just wondering how is your toilet is working and weather you like it better than the standard Thetford.

dfs9

We are about to pick up our rather modified Turtle from GXV in mid December just wondering how is your toilet is working and weather you like it better than the standard Thetford.
I will let you know about the seperette toilet . We will be picking our Turtle up December 3rd. It has been on order since February . We are excited. What kind of floor heating do you have. We were in Palmer summer of 2017 visiting are friends there.

Last edited:

srqsup

Observer
I will let you know about the seperette toilet . We will be picking our Turtle up December 3rd. It has been on order since February . We are excited. What kind of floor heating do you have. We were in Palmer summer of 2017 visiting are friends there.
Looks like your delivery is 11 days shreds of ours. Congrats. After two years in our LMTV Patagonia from GXV we learned that the heating system is plenty robust and the thermal envelope is top notch but the floor temps hover around 45 degrees even if the overal interior temp is 75. We have spent many weeks in sub-zero temperatures and found the ice cold floors to be a nuisance. So on this truck we have electric in floor heat which should eliminate the need for slippers and that dreaded feeling of stepping onto a freezing bathroom floor waiting for the hot water to kick in. Where do you plan to travel? After we commission the truck which we expect to take at least a week we will head to Colorado, San Diego, Oregon, Washington before heading back to Alaska in March/April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78