1994 Full Size Blazer project

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Thank you! I knew I had to buy it once I drove it.

All of my previous rigs, with the exception of a short lived Bronco II project, have been solid axle. While I love the simplicity and durability, I just don't see myself needing it on this rig.

This truck has been so well taken care of. The original owner had it up until 2016. I didnt realize just how uncommon it is to find them in this shape until after I had purchased it. Should be a great vehicle to make memories in with our family! My two year old son already gets so excited when he sees me pull into the driveway in it. Pretty sure he has claimed it as his.

There are some Suburbans and 4-door Tahoes out there that have only done soccer-mom duty and are in excellent condition as well, but finding a 2 door Blazer/Tahoe/Yukon that hasn't been molested takes some doing.

From what I've seen, usually the 2 doors get passed on to a teenage kid and then they get flogged, "modded" and rattlecanned flat black. It's not pretty.

VroomSIX

The rig is more than capable with a few choice modifications. A SAS would be totally overkill for the type of use you've described. I would just do a mild lift that, like you said, keeps the stock geometry pretty much intact.

gas4blood

Observer
There are some Suburbans and 4-door Tahoes out there that have only done soccer-mom duty and are in excellent condition as well, but finding a 2 door Blazer/Tahoe/Yukon that hasn't been molested takes some doing.

From what I've seen, usually the 2 doors get passed on to a teenage kid and then they get flogged, "modded" and rattlecanned flat black. It's not pretty.

I’ve spotted a few two doors in my area but none this clean. They are going up in value fast!!

The rig is more than capable with a few choice modifications. A SAS would be totally overkill for the type of use you've described. I would just do a mild lift that, like you said, keeps the stock geometry pretty much intact.

I think that’s where I’ll be headed with this project. Thanks for the feedback!

Regardless of what you do to your blazer, you have a very nice clean set up

Thanks again. Your comments are appreciated. I try to keep things simple, clean, and functional.

VroomSIX

No problem, it's one of the nicer rigs on this area of the EXPO forums for sure. The Warn winch is definitely a solid find too!

gas4blood

Observer
No real upgrades to report yet but I spent all day Friday repairing the A/C on the Blazer. It hasn’t worked since I bought it and was literally the only non-functioning thing on the whole vehicle. After some inspection, I found some nasty sludge in the orifice tube. I ended up replacing the Conpressor, Reciever/Dryer and condensor after a thorough flush of the evaporator and lines. Nothing like ice cold A/C when you’re exploring in the summer heat. 4FCAB0D0-832D-45E7-A150-2B9A9E9E8123.jpeg
52222764-3626-46F3-9CB8-F31F0A12F942.jpeg
99F82C82-3805-43B3-B7D4-A84A43DAE922.jpeg

Man this is a good feeling!!!

19CC743C-444C-416D-ADB4-F193B7CCABD9.jpeg

Last edited:

gas4blood

Observer
Man I haven’t been on here in a while! No real big progress to report. I’ve been busy/distracted with my other project vehicle (V8 S10 swap).
I did manage to finally get my mobile HAM unit installed last weekend. Thanks to the perfectly spaced dash screws and a clever stick-on mic holder, I was able to complete the install without having to drill a single hole. ?

I just have a mag mount antenna installed for now until I decide what I want to run long term.348B3C11-D7B8-4566-83E1-17D997F2357F.jpeg07F31528-AFA6-4BA7-A157-FE4446DC885E.jpeg

lilkia

Wow! Jealous and reminiscent at the same time. Ive had 4 blazers from a 72 to a 94 like yours. Seeing that interior just brings back a lot of memories. Beautiful truck.

gas4blood

Observer
Wow! Jealous and reminiscent at the same time. Ive had 4 blazers from a 72 to a 94 like yours. Seeing that interior just brings back a lot of memories. Beautiful truck.
Thank you!! This interior is definitely one of the most comfortable that GM has made. I never envisioned myself in a full size IFS Blazer but man I love this thing!!

Glad to meet you boss! Thats a great looking rig! Oh, by the way, my call is N9WXJ

Attachments

• 20181010_195741.jpg
    20181010_195741.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Kingsize24

Wow! Very nice looking blazer. Hard to believe there are near 25yr old trucks out there that clean. Love the subtle additions as well.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cool truck you are driving Mr Blood. I drive something similar, though a bit modified. 94 Yukon with a 6.5 turbo diesel and a Dana 60 up front on 37s.

ysRxp4x.jpg

Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

gas4blood

Observer
No problem, it's one of the nicer rigs on this area of the EXPO forums for sure. The Warn winch is definitely a solid find too!

Thanks! I couldn’t get the money out of my pocket fast enough on that winch purchase. Haha.

gas4blood: Love you truck.

Thank you! I think this one will be sticking around for a while.

Nice. I agree with Martin: keep it simple. Spend the money on gas in the tank and food in the cooler.

That’s definitely where I am headed with this project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger