Frontier PRO-4X off-road package

haven

Expedition Leader
Nissan is updating the Frontier for 2009 with an off-road package called PRO-4X. The package adds Bilstein shocks, additional skid plates on the oil pan and transfer case, an electronic rear differential locker, an electronic 2- or 4-wheel limited slip (applies the brake on the spinning wheel) and BFGoodrich P265/75R16 Rugged Trail tires.

The PRO-4X package will be available in crew cab and king cab body styles. The PRO-4X models are powered by Nissan's 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine, which produces 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque.

Nissan will start selling a re-badged Frontier to Suzuki in the 2009 model year. I wonder if the Suzuki Equator will offer the PRO-4X package. I'm expecting aggressive pricing by Suzuki to gain some attention in the mid-size pickup marketplace.

Chip Haven

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:campfire: Thats interesting Chip, sounds like the same pkg, I have in my 2006 off-road (OR) Xterra !!

--:1888fbbd: --JIMBO

vengeful

Explorer
They've just renamed the NISMO package to PRO-4X to mimic the nomenclature on the Titan. Same package.

mcm4090

Explorer
vengeful said:
They've just renamed the NISMO package to PRO-4X to mimic the nomenclature on the Titan. Same package.
For the most part. They did add a value package and chage the interior.

New Frontier PRO-4X Off-Road Model

Frontier’s all-new PRO-4X trim offers drivers outstanding off-road flexibility, pairing Frontier’s already impressive list of standard equipment features with the PRO-4X’s off-road performance enhancements.

The PRO-4X features Bilstein® off-road high-pressure shock absorbers, additional skid plates on the oil pan and transfer case, an electronic rear differential locker, 2- or 4-wheel limited-slip (ABLS) and unique machine-finished 16-inch aluminum-alloy off-road wheels with large BFGoodrich P265/75R16 Rugged Trail tires.

Inside, the PRO-4X receives styling cues that differentiate it from the rest of the Frontier lineup including leather-appointed red-stitched shifter knob (M/T only) and steering wheel, chrome accent ring around the white-faced meter gauges and trip computer. The PRO-4X Value Truck Package (Crew Cab) adds unique black leather-appointed front seats with red stitching, along with 8-way power driver’s seat, 4-way power passenger’s seat, heated front seats, dual heated outside mirrors and rear fold-down center armrest.

PRO-4X King Cab models receive a factory-applied spray-on bedliner, bed rail caps, Utili-track channel system and four adjustable tie-down cleats (standard on Crew Cab). All PRO-4Xs feature body-colored grille and bumpers, outside mirrors and door handles and fog lamps. Added comfort and convenience features include cruise control, remote keyless entry power windows and door locks and dual power outside mirrors.

600_MY09Frontier_010.jpg

madizell

Explorer
Leather trimmed seats, leather shift knob, white tipped gauge needles......all essential off road gear in my view. Still sounds like the NISMO package, remarketed. Nissan probably realized that no one knew what NISMO stood for anyway (not to mention that NISMO has little enough to do with off-roading per se), so they needed something more in line with US market trends. (Okay guys, it's gotta say "4X4" and it has to say "off road". See what you can come up with.)

mcm4090

Explorer
madizell said:
Still sounds like the NISMO package, remarketed. Nissan probably realized that no one knew what NISMO stood for anyway (not to mention that NISMO has little enough to do with off-roading per se), so they needed something more in line with US market trends. (Okay guys, it's gotta say "4X4" and it has to say "off road". See what you can come up with.)

I was think it had to with CORR racing.

2K54X4

Adventurer
I like it. I really like the interior and the color matched grill. I've been thinking about painting my grill and trying to decide between black and body color. Now this just makes that decision a little harder.

madizell

Explorer
Except for the colored grill, I would be hard pressed to tell what year vehicle it is. Looks like a ringer for the 2007 I drive, including the interior treatments.

madizell said:
Except for the colored grill, I would be hard pressed to tell what year vehicle it is. Looks like a ringer for the 2007 I drive, including the interior treatments.
And now mind will look like an '09 with my black grill. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle