2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

ajalger

I give a visual turning radius test drive if you check out episiode 2 on the YouTube.

I can try to measure it at some point. But ill say i was MOST impressed and it turns much tighter than my Tundra did.

Unsure if there is a source online. It would vary depending on wheelbase and such

Yep I saw the video and wondered it as well. We have a 2017 F350 CCLB SRW and wanted to see how it would compare. What year and cab was your Tundra? I see the new ones listed as 22-24.5' and the F350 as 24-29.8'

Keep up the good work on the videos. We are enjoying the no fluff/drama updates

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Any chance you could measure or do you know of any source that shows the turning radius of a 5500? Considering a similar project but no dealer has one in stock near us.

I looked it up and it was like 30' crazy tight like OP said turns like a Prius Not sure where I found my info but it looks to be way off,

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
For poops and giggles, i compared all my bone stock measurements with my measurements after installing the lift and tires.

Netted exactly:

Front 6.5"
Rear 6"

Depending on tire clearance, i will look to remove some of the height after everything is built, articulated and tested.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I guess that is steel? As opposed to aluminum. We did get the aluminum version for our F-350. The 90 lb difference seemed worth it at the time. Buckstop builds nice stuff.

Yes sir. Steel. Actually went with steel because in this odd instance i WANT more weight on the front of the truck to help soften it up a little. Every pound counts :p

Yeah, buckstop builds great stuff!

Got their wheels, skidplate, bumper, steps and flares.

Everything is ************ and top notch. Not super excited about the flares though. Will see if my thoughts change when i get them installed.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Yep I saw the video and wondered it as well. We have a 2017 F350 CCLB SRW and wanted to see how it would compare. What year and cab was your Tundra? I see the new ones listed as 22-24.5' and the F350 as 24-29.8'

Keep up the good work on the videos. We are enjoying the no fluff/drama updates
(It's Ram5500000 thing approved! :) )

I guess that is steel? As opposed to aluminum. We did get the aluminum version for our F-350. The 90 lb difference seemed worth it at the time. Buckstop builds nice stuff.
Pics please! I'm headed Buckstop aluminum for mine, ComeUp 12.5k winch w/ synthetic, Factor55 widgets.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Yes sir. Steel. Actually went with steel because in this odd instance i WANT more weight on the front of the truck to help soften it up a little. Every pound counts :p

Yeah, buckstop builds great stuff!

Got their wheels, skidplate, bumper, steps and flares.

Everything is ************ and top notch. Not super excited about the flares though. Will see if my thoughts change when i get them installed.

Wait, what? Shouldn't your susp tuning be tuned for your setup? So, alum Buckstop first, then tune in the susp?

You went with their flares, kewl. Looking forward to seeing them on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78