Lets see some full size pictures...

MTVR

The pic I put up two pages ago depicting just the nose of our MTVR, has now received 10 "likes", so I'll put up a pic of the rest of it:

20200831_090744.jpg

In this pic, we're getting ready to lay down the epoxy on the roof.

To recap, the truck is just under 13'6" tall (we look DOWN into 18-wheel tractor-trailer rigs). The double-beadlocked Michelin tubeless radial runflat tires are 53" tall. It can ford five feet of water. The GVWR is 62,200 pounds. It is powered by an 11.9-liter (732 cubic inch) intercooled CAT turbodiesel with 425 horsepower, 1,550 pounds of torque, and is electronically governed to a top speed of 65 mph. It has a heavy-duty Allison 7-speed double overdrive transmission, an all wheel drive torque-biasing transfer case, and five selectable drivetrain locks. It has coil sprung fully independent long-travel (16" front, 13" rear) suspension, and dual CTIS that can air the front and rear tires up and down independently.

It also has all modern features like automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, ABS, traction control, an air ride driver's seat, 3-point inertia-reel seatbelts, and even air conditioning.

It was formerly a Marine special forces armored gun truck. It originally cost about $250,000. After putting only about 3,000 miles on it, they sent it to auction, where we snatched it up for about $15,000 ($235,000 off). There are mounts for three rifles inside the cab. My wife's favorite feature is the machinegun hatch. :)

Last edited:

HeliNomad

Adventurer
are those OEM steps? I want some Whiteknuckle sliders but not in the budget for the time being and my wife is 5'2" and pushing 60yoa so need to get something as a stop gap.

Yes sir they are. As soon as I get my sliders I’ll be selling the OEM ones. I’m in North Bay Area if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jadmt

ignore button user
Find a fab shop to make you some. I got mine made for $500 here in Denver. Bomber and no squeaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can you post a photos of how they are mounted up? did they just use mild steel or DOM? thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78