Looking For 33 x 18 inch AT Tires That Weigh Less Than 50 lbs...

WRONG_WAY_DAVE

Looking For light truck tire 33 x 18 inch AT Tires That Weigh Less Than 50 lbs.

Anything between 33.0-33.9 and between 11-12 inches wide.

I have been looking but can't seem to find a good combo that also looks pretty good (I do like the look of an aggressive tire) and DO NOT want a highway type tire.
And I have searched other forums Tire Rack, and Nitto...

Hoping there is something obscure I may have missed?

Thanks guys--

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
A 285/65-18 will be close on all fronts, but I really like the 285/75-18, but is 35” tire- very nice look, IF it fits your application...

275/70-18 is just shy of 11” wide but 33” tall. Saw a set on a slightly raised Colorado the other day...nice combo. Less than 50#? That may be difficult, at least in an LT LR-E.

jadmt

ignore button user
remember to get light you need less rubber which on a truck is going to equal less puncture resistance. Now if you can do 17" a 255/80-17 will be 33x10 and be close to 50lbs.

WRONG_WAY_DAVE

I have seen ATs 34.3 weighing 50 lbs--just a bit too tall. I think I have found a couple of 55 pounders, but my factory Mich Primacy 32.2 is 40 lbs, and just did not want to take more than a 10lb hit...
The Pats I saw in 18 inch rim weighed 60 lbs...

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
what are you putting them on? Unless it is a really under powered light weight vehicle I don't you will notice. I always would run two sets of tires on my jeeps and never noticed a difference going back and forth from a 50lb tire to a 70lb tire.
ST Maxx list 58 and KM2 list 54
I have had Falken at3w in that size and they were just bit over 50lbs as was the ko2 in 34x10.5-17.

1000arms

Last edited:

WRONG_WAY_DAVE

Weight has an effect on everything from braking to part/suspension wear to fuel economy blah-blah. I don't want the weight x4 x4 and I am not crushing rocks with these.
Factory tires are rated 2750 +/- lbs each so don't need Es. I have been looking and it has been quite a chore as most are mid 50's in weight but thx guys...

jadmt

ignore button user
are you afraid to say what you are putting them on? that might help people make a suggestion.

WRONG_WAY_DAVE

are you afraid to say what you are putting them on? that might help people make a suggestion.

Thank you for the suggestion, but realistically, it makes no difference what vehicle it is being put on and I just did not want folks to focus on the "rig" and give their opinions on the "rig" (which happens, causing threads to sometimes go awry).

jadmt

ignore button user
Thank you for the suggestion, but realistically, it makes no difference what vehicle it is being put on and I just did not want folks to focus on the "rig" and give their opinions on the "rig" (which happens, causing threads to sometimes go awry).
I would disagree.How could it not make a difference on what vehicle....good luck in your search

Last edited:

broncobowsher

Adventurer
Makes a HUGE difference on what you are putting them on. If you are after a light tire for something like a Tacoma, you might be able to find a P-rated tire in the weight range you are looking for.

But if you are trying to stick this on a ¾ or 1-ton truck the only proper tire to maintain the capacity of the truck is an LT rated tire. In which case you are smoking something that probably isn't legal if you think you can find a tire of that size in the load range you want at under 50 pounds. Those LT tires are heavy, no way around it and keeping the LT rating. Most respectable tire shops won't touch a light duty tire on a real truck.

So what are you putting them on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger