MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Vogold

I added a Quick Pitch en-suite to trailer with a bit of a twist... I put it on an articulating T.V. mount so I could pull the shower tent out far enough to clear the fender and then use the fender as a shelf to set your cloths or whatever on while you shower. The T.V. mount extends 14” and is rated for 110 pounds, the shower tent and aluminum extrusion I added to it comes in at about 18 pounds. The mount cost me $40.00, so I’m not out that much if it ends up not working long term.
Strapped down to keep the T.V. mount retracted
1CC9E7AA-CA23-41CA-8984-1DBACBF31B56.jpeg

Deployed with the Drifta top cover on.
E56BA2A5-0B49-4CB2-A6F8-9681AE777DEB.jpeg

From the inside with the access zippers down, allying access to the bullfinch shower temperature mixer, the fender, and allows the light to shine into the tent if need be.
579E5ABD-A97A-417E-BBCD-8122821BE579.jpeg

Close up of the T.V. mount. Those brown bumpers on the aluminum extrusion are acting as spacers, to get rid of the slop when in the stowed position.
0359E063-C573-4669-87DB-62C9D22F7D40.jpeg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I added a Quick Pitch en-suite to trailer with a bit of a twist... I put it on an articulating T.V. mount so I could pull the shower tent out far enough to clear the fender and then use the fender as a shelf to set your cloths or whatever on while you shower. The T.V. mount extends 14” and is rated for 110 pounds, the shower tent and aluminum extrusion I added to it comes in at about 18 pounds. The mount cost me $40.00, so I’m not out that much if it ends up not working long term.
View attachment 633600

View attachment 633602

From the inside with the access zippers down, allying access to the bullfinch shower temperature mixer, the fender, and allows the light to shine into the tent if need be.
View attachment 633605

Close up of the T.V. mount. Those brown bumpers on the aluminum extrusion are acting as spacers, to get rid of the slop when in the stowed position.
View attachment 633606

Great idea.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
View attachment 633600

View attachment 633602

View attachment 633605

View attachment 633606
Great idea!

Can you do me a favor? Check your propane tank and get me the brand and model/number for it? I have received one of Mark's more recently designed propane mounts, but my present tank doesn't work well with it.

Dale

Vogold

Great idea!

Can you do me a favor? Check your propane tank and get me the brand and model/number for it? I have received one of Mark's more recently designed propane mounts, but my present tank doesn't work well with it.

Dale
Hi Dale, thank you.
I’m not sure if I have a newer designed holder, or an older design. The tanks are made by Manchester with a water capacity of 26.2 LBS. I’m not sure of the model number but it might be 006062 or M0102?Those are the only things stamped into the tank handle that do not appear to be certification markings or numbers.
-Ryan

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hi Dale, thank you.
I’m not sure if I have a newer designed holder, or an older design. The tanks are made by Manchester with a water capacity of 26.2 LBS. I’m not sure of the model number but it might be 006062 or M0102?Those are the only things stamped into the tank handle that do not appear to be certification markings or numbers.
-Ryan
Thanks Ryan, your info is the perfect place to start. I just looked on Amazon and Ebay. couldn't find that specific size or number. Every blooming thing but.... but, I'll find it somewhere.

Dale

Wendell-R

I’m not sure of the model number but it might be 006062 or M0102?
My tank also has M0102 stamped on the handle - but no 006062.It's got a sticker inside the handle that says it's a Flame King YSN011 and that it's an 11 lb tank. It's in a Powertank holder on a TetonX.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
My tank also has M0102 stamped on the handle - but no 006062.It's got a sticker inside the handle that says it's a Flame King YSN011 and that it's an 11 lb tank. It's in a Powertank holder on a TetonX.
Thanks Wendell, I’ll check it out.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Lokks like the cold weather is slowing things down here. So I thought I'd toss something up to Mike and the gang who have either done this already, or who are thinking about doing it. Now the the nighttime temps are in the low 20's deg. F., its time for me to work out in my unheated garage. Snark. Mike, I've thought about what you have said and have decided to put this on the right side. I will leave the original alone. I will have to move some wiring and the control box for the electric braking system. It looks like a pretty tight fit. I'll let you know what it ends up looking like.

View attachment 626438

Nice. I did not have to move anything when I installed mine. But then your trailer is a little different than mine.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Congratulations to Mark and Mission Overland! The Summit has been selected as best poptop trailer of 2020 by Expedition Portal. I jumped over to the Mission website and watched their video. Wow, lots of very nice upgrades to the Summit since I purchased Beastie #1 Summit.

Can't wait to get back out camping this spring!

Day One .jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Has anyone else been following the Inka Outdoors fiasco? Back in 2018 I almost put a down payment on one. Thank goodness I didn’t! What a scam. A lot of good people got stiffed by the owner. Another prominent company went down that same road and at about the same time.

There have been some significant issues that have shown up here’s concerning our trailers. A good example is Mike’s rear door being warped. Mark went out of the way to resolve these issues. We’ve been very fortunate to be associated with a company that backs its products like Mission Overland does. Btw, I don’t work or get any financial rewards for my comments. I’m just a very happy camper.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
There have been a couple of trailer companies and others that have ripped off many people. I believe their business model is flawed where they need a new customers deposit money to build a trailer already ordered. The massive non refundable deposit amounts are another warning sign. I understand the cost of materials and labor but some of these practices are suspect.

These issues helped with my decision to go with the Mission Overland trailer . Their business model is to build trailers and sell them vs selling a trailer and (perhaps) building one in a year or so.

Mission Overland's customer service is top notch certainly not a sell and forget mentality.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Still missing my dog. We were moving furniture around the other day and I f
Can I ask what brake system you went with, cannot make it out in the photo? Thanks!
It is the electric braking system for the trailer that Mark installed. I’ll see if I can get the manufacture’s name in the morning. The system only works when the trailer is attached to the vehicle.

This 2020 Mission Overland Summit was purchased from BigSkyRV last May. Is been on a handful of adventures and has performed great! I’ve included a picture of the build sheet.
Options from the factory:
  • full size matching spare
  • 270 deg awning
  • Extra propane tank
  • Extreme package
    • Coated from
    • Aluminum full skid
    • Stainless steel latches
Additions that I’ve added:
  • 160 watt Overland Solar flexible panel
  • 2 extra handles on the rear hatch, one inside, one outside
  • Lock N Roll hitch (truck side and trailer side)
  • Trasharoo
  • Bug screen for rear hatch
  • Propane tanks have 2 latches per side from power tank

I’m located in Denver, CO. $SOLD

Private messages work best. DBE5FADA-25CC-455B-8AD6-F60FB797A74D.jpeg9EDB3B0D-43CD-41EC-9EA1-6AB43D159A5C.jpeg4674E9AD-720F-4326-91CC-96EEB436B812.jpegDBE5FADA-25CC-455B-8AD6-F60FB797A74D.jpeg9EDB3B0D-43CD-41EC-9EA1-6AB43D159A5C.jpeg4674E9AD-720F-4326-91CC-96EEB436B812.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78