Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

Huck

Despite the winter storm warning, I managed to make it up to Portland from the Bay Area yesterday and back. It was a marathon and not how I envisioned this going down but between lots of things happening at work and the holidays fast approaching, I wanted to get it done.

I took off at 1:30 am with a 2pm install time. Hit some snow and threatened chain controls going over Shasta and near Grants Pass, but nothing too dramatic on the way up there. I made good time through that weather so I slept for an hour at a rest area. Stopped at Wanderlust Overland for a ladder setup since I was pretty early, then headed to the Superpacific shop and was there by 1pm. As many others have said, they are a great group of people. Super friendly. Got a tour of the shop, chatted about future plans for add on items, and settled up my balance and chatted with one of the guys there who walked through the whole camper afterwards. Made it home at 6:30am as the roads through Shasta were closed and I was re-routed to 101 the whole way. Wish it was daytime as the views would have taken a little sting out of that.

I will say the wait seems to have been worth it! One thing that sticks out to me is that the camper doesn't cover as much of the tailgate as I thought it might but it does align internally (if that makes sense). It seems like a trade-off they had to reconcile but I'm going to be happy with it and trust their judgement on that one. The top of the F150 tailgate is very thick and has a lip on the outer side so there's that to deal with.

I found what seems like some slight wind noise at around 64mph but I might have hallicunated that!

Love all of the other choices they've made including gap between cab and camper, etc.

Can't wait to get it out into the wild!

Attachments

• IMG_0846.png
    IMG_0846.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0847.png
    IMG_0847.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0848.png
    IMG_0848.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0854.png
    IMG_0854.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0855.png
    IMG_0855.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0858.png
    IMG_0858.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 153

Huck

Thinking I might get a wind fairing to try to smooth out the aerodynamics a bit between camper and cab. The Front runner one looks like it comes with mounts that could be modified to fit the t-track on the front.

Otherwise, so far I've only spent an hour or so getting the Hard Korr lights set up and plugged into my goal zero. I might want to pick up a couple of more pieces to get the lights evenly spread through the camper with switches in the best spots. I will say the internal routing makes for an incredibly easy set up. Yes you do spend some time jamming your fingers in the wire runs, but the fact that the wires almost disappear into them is incredible for how little work it takes.

Next will be to cut into the filler pieces they provide so the switches are mounted securely.

I'll post some more photos in the next few days.

Fishy

Just got my Super Pacific installed on my 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost on 12/14/21.

The build quality seems amazing. Basically no wind noise and I cant tell a difference in MPG. The power boost is a hybrid so no problem driving in town on all electric with the Super Pacific on since its only about 300+ pounds. I pull a Hewes Craft 18ft boat with this truck and Im still able to drive on the all electric engine in town, so it doesn't surprise me the MPG isn't really affected by the Super Pacific being on the bed.

I'm gonna keep it as basic as possible so I can still use my truck bed as a truckbed. Meaning I'm not going to install much permanently if anything at all. All i'm going to do is use a 500 wh power station for charging any electronics I need including Hardkorr lights and then have the built in generator charge the power station when its low. Will probably get a fridge freezer to run off that as well but I might just keep it simple with coolers to keep the rockies blue. I do also plan on adding a 270 awning but thats about it.

I'll update down the road. DSC03367.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03374.jpg
    DSC03374.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
  • DSC03384.jpg
    DSC03384.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • DSC03388.jpg
    DSC03388.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 100
  • DSC03389.jpg
    DSC03389.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 94
  • DSC03392.jpg
    DSC03392.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 94
  • DSC03394.jpg
    DSC03394.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • DSC03399.jpg
    DSC03399.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 101

TravelinJohn

Hi all,

My wife and I just decided to splurge for a Super Pacific X1 camper for our pre-kids Christmas present for ourselves. Does anyone have a build spot you are willing to sell?

We are hoping to maximize our time exploring in 2022 before a little one arrives.

Thanks everyone. Hope you have a joy filled holiday season.

mcjager

I am so pumped for mine. I just ordered one for my 2021 Tacoma. Does anyone have any build-outs they can share?

Huck

The tacomaworld Super Pacific thread and the Facebook group occasionally have people offering them up.

Huck

Fishy looks good! You were there the day before me! Love the black on black.

I have a Powerboost as well. Slow speed stuff I'm still getting great mileage so around town it's in the 20s. Highway is definitely not as good as it used to be. I've become addicted to keeping the numbers as high as possible so will have to work on that a bit.

TravelinJohn

I am so pumped for mine. I just ordered one for my 2021 Tacoma. Does anyone have any build-outs they can share?

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Did they give you a time estimate for Tacomas? Is it the same as the general 12 month estimate listed on the website?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78