Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

bucketibew

Just got my Super Pacific installed on my 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost on 12/14/21.

The build quality seems amazing. Basically no wind noise and I cant tell a difference in MPG. The power boost is a hybrid so no problem driving in town on all electric with the Super Pacific on since its only about 300+ pounds. I pull a Hewes Craft 18ft boat with this truck and Im still able to drive on the all electric engine in town, so it doesn't surprise me the MPG isn't really affected by the Super Pacific being on the bed.

I'm gonna keep it as basic as possible so I can still use my truck bed as a truckbed. Meaning I'm not going to install much permanently if anything at all. All i'm going to do is use a 500 wh power station for charging any electronics I need including Hardkorr lights and then have the built in generator charge the power station when its low. Will probably get a fridge freezer to run off that as well but I might just keep it simple with coolers to keep the rockies blue. I do also plan on adding a 270 awning but thats about it.

I'll update down the road. View attachment 697863
Did you use the bolts to hold down the canopy or did you get C clamps? Thanks Bill

Extrapale

This happened last night.
031988c8e5685eed2db56a9875b844d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Extrapale

Nice! Does this mean the engineering work for the Ram 2500 is nearing completion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think so. I believe the fit was 100% and they should be ready to start making them.

They will be moving to a new facility soon, but I don't know when. Once they move they said they plan to manufacture 40 campers per month.

Gabby53e

how have those of you that have the SP Camper already run power to it? I have a few months before picking mine up in March and wanting to get the truck ready. Was thinking of getting a pre-made box like the one from GTFO or Overland Power Solutions with a lithium battery, dc to dc charger and connect it to the trucks electrical system. Just wanting to get a few ideas while i have time to get ready.

bikelanta

Adventurer
This happened last night.
031988c8e5685eed2db56a9875b844d7.jpg

Sweet! Last I heard, they mentioned late February delivery for our camper to put on a '21 Power Wagon. I kind of always assumed that might mean March or April, but we'll see. Good to see the test fit.

Wanderer86

Did you use the bolts to hold down the canopy or did you get C clamps? Thanks Bill

glad to hear that, as waiting for mine to get built for my ‘21 Powerboost, and at the same time waiting to order an F150 Lightning to transfer the SP to. (Same 67” bed)

how was wiring the 3rd brake light? Easy DIY or dealer job?

Wanderer86

Also, I received the Front Runner fairing. Quality piece and the rubber gasket is large enough and flexible enough to cover all of the grooves in the roof as well. Waiting on some different fasteners for the t-slots I picked up from McMaster Carr.

I ordered the widest one and will end up cutting some slots for it to tuck under the hinge extrusions.
Will post details and photos once I have it on there.

I am looking forward to seeing it. Planning on F150 Lightning where wind drag will really matter more, it *not* being able to use relatively light cans of gasoline.

Last edited:
Sweet! Last I heard, they mentioned late February delivery for our camper to put on a '21 Power Wagon. I kind of always assumed that might mean March or April, but we'll see. Good to see the test fit.

When did you put in your order? I’m waiting for the same fit - ‘21 PW. I put in my order last April, haven’t gotten much for updates over the last 10 months, just trying to wait patiently.

Wanderer86

Just got my Super Pacific installed on my 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost on 12/14/21.

The build quality seems amazing. Basically no wind noise and I cant tell a difference in MPG. The power boost is a hybrid so no problem driving in town on all electric with the Super Pacific on since its only about 300+ pounds. I pull a Hewes Craft 18ft boat with this truck and Im still able to drive on the all electric engine in town, so it doesn't surprise me the MPG isn't really affected by the Super Pacific being on the bed.

I'm gonna keep it as basic as possible so I can still use my truck bed as a truckbed. Meaning I'm not going to install much permanently if anything at all. All i'm going to do is use a 500 wh power station for charging any electronics I need including Hardkorr lights and then have the built in generator charge the power station when its low. Will probably get a fridge freezer to run off that as well but I might just keep it simple with coolers to keep the rockies blue. I do also plan on adding a 270 awning but thats about it.

I'll update down the road. View attachment 697863

Good plan - and nice looking rig w it on. Can’t wait to get mine and post similar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bikelanta

Adventurer
When did you put in your order? I’m waiting for the same fit - ‘21 PW. I put in my order last April, haven’t gotten much for updates over the last 10 months, just trying to wait patiently.

Early May 2021. Just got an email today requesting to pay the final invoice and that they are ready to begin production.

Huck

Just one photo of the Front Runner Fairing I mounted on the front of the camper here. I'll take some more and give it a drive later today but it's a small adjustment with an angle grinder to get it to fit. After getting it fully mounted, you don't actually need to cut off as much as I did so I'll be sure to share what I'd consider the "proper" measurements.

If you went with a narrower fairing there'd be no need to do anything but I'm happy I have the extra width since it reaches to just about the ends of the roof. Maybe that just applies to a full size truck though.

IMG_1155.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle