Look What They’re Selling at Lowe’s ?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
(Closest emoji I could find)

Was shopping today at Lowe’s and was surprised to see this nice looking, affordable quad in their lineup.

It was priced IIRC at about $and change (with an included front winch and dump box). Some guy was picking one up and as he drove it off, I was amazed to hear how quiet it was.

Note the locking ’boot’ on rear tire!

5A8C60BF-06EB-4A06-8601-83EF35F3320E.jpeg

*EDIT
I was way off with my initial posted price and so I just changed it. Serves me right for trying to read the price tag backwards through it’s transparent tag?

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Funny, not sold in Colorado. The reviews are kinda all over the place. But, not bad for $9k.F0BFF091-55BE-4B5F-B776-6B8D22EA7060.png

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
And strangely, Oregon (where I spotted these) isn’t on this list either:

These UTVs are only available for purchase in following states:
AlabamaArizonaConnecticutFloridaGeorgiaKansasKentuckyMarylandMichiganMississippiNebraskaNorth CarolinaOhioRhode IslandSouth CarolinaTennesseeVirginia

pith helmet

And strangely, Oregon (where I spotted these) isn’t on this list either:

These UTVs are only available for purchase in following states:
AlabamaArizonaConnecticutFloridaGeorgiaKansasKentuckyMarylandMichiganMississippiNebraskaNorth CarolinaOhioRhode IslandSouth CarolinaTennesseeVirginia
I’ve seen them at my local store, they look pretty gold. Personally, I would spend a little more for the Polaris Ranger 500. The company I work for has had nearly every SxS made in the last 20 years but my personal 900 is by far my favorite.
F57D17F1-A8D1-4766-9E98-13383BCAB222.jpeg

jbaucom

For $9,000 you're awfully close to the price of a SxS manufactured by a known, reputable, manufacturer that provides parts and service support for decades. For similar money you can get a Ranger 500, Kawasaki Mule SX 4x4, Honda Pioneer 500/520, or Gator XUV 560E. There are probably others that I'm forgetting. I'd happily spend more to know what I'm buying and that there are dealers all over the country to provide parts and service, even several years after the initial purchase.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Maybe cause I've never owned one, but I don't get the appeal of a 9-11K SxS.

At that price why not get an older Wrangler, Samarai, Tracker, etc that you can drive on the street as well?

Or one of these?

IM001514.jpg

Mind you, rebodied RZR's are pretty cool......

download.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-24 092602.png
Screenshot 2022-03-24 092727.png
c1312cf617df3ed2d7a34bad0844eee0.jpg
3223g-min.jpg
60vmr5xfybe11.jpg

Interesting comparison:

RDinNHand AZ

I owned a 1985 Samurai for 10 years. Bought it for $800 and spent about another $800 for parts in the 10 years getting it perfected. That thing went everywhere! Soft top with roll up windows, heat, carried 4, legal on the road, cheap to insure, reliable, aftermarket parts, etc. I did sell it for $2400 but it was in perfect condition when I got done with it. NO SXS OHV for me!

jbaucom

For some folks, it's a tool that needs to work when they want it to, with minimal downtime. It's cheaper than a new or used truck, and unless you buy one of the big SxSs it can fit in places that no truck can. Even for recreation, I kind of get it...it's cheaper than 2-4 4WD ATVs...as long as it's not too wide for any trail restrictions (<50" in some places). It's the 20-30,000+ dollar SxSs that boggle my mind.

pith helmet

For me SxS and ATV's are just tools. Nimble, narrow, ease of getting in and out a lot and more comfortable off road than any vehicle that doesn't have some seriously upgraded suspension. I wouldn't have one for sport, just not my thing. Rather a MC or truck.
Have one of these on the farm, too.
IMG_6601.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I owned a 1985 Samurai for 10 years. Bought it for $800 and spent about another $800 for parts in the 10 years getting it perfected. That thing went everywhere! Soft top with roll up windows, heat, carried 4, legal on the road, cheap to insure, reliable, aftermarket parts, etc. I did sell it for $2400 but it was in perfect condition when I got done with it. NO SXS OHV for me!
That's what I was thinking too. Makes more sense to me to go the route you did.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

At that price why not get an older Wrangler, Samarai, Tracker, etc that you can drive on the street as well?

Or one of these?

View attachment 713861

Mind you, rebodied RZR's are pretty cool......

View attachment 713862

View attachment 713863
View attachment 713864
View attachment 713865
View attachment 713866
View attachment 713867

Interesting comparison:

My buddy has a 4-door Suzuki 4wd with a VW TDI engine conversion. It's a mountain goat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger