Black Widow offroad hi-lift mount

mcm4090

Explorer
Black Widow offroad has just release there hi-lift mount the Nissan Frontier utili-track!:luxhello:

Here are pic's of the finished prototype.

081011BWORinitialproducts096.jpg

081011BWORinitialproducts095.jpg

081011BWORinitialproducts097.jpg

These things are so cool I had to order them.
http://www.blackwidowoffroad.com/

mcm4090 said:
Black Widow offroad has just release there hi-lift mount the Nissan Frontier utili-track!:luxhello:

Here are pic's of the finished prototype.

081011BWORinitialproducts096.jpg

081011BWORinitialproducts095.jpg

081011BWORinitialproducts097.jpg

These things are so cool I had to order them.
http://www.blackwidowoffroad.com/

My friend Bear is the shop manager there at blackwidow and they do make some great stuff.. I know they are currently working on a lot of prototype sliders, bumpers etc that should be available soon for Nissan and some of the rides that don't have quite the aftermarket support that some others do :)...

mcm4090

Explorer
I like to see what types spare tire carriers they come out with for the Frontier utili-track.:sombrero:

bigdog

Adventurer
Let us know when you get these and post up some pics. I am anxious to hear what you think of these mounts versus the u-bolt on the cleat method.

XJINTX

Explorer
I'd be very interested in knowing if they work for the Titan's utilitrac? For some reason I think the Titan's may be a bit different track?
If it works I'd love to get them!

mcm4090

Explorer
xterraintx said:
I'd be very interested in knowing if they work for the Titan's utilitrac? For some reason I think the Titan's may be a bit different track?
If it works I'd love to get them!
If there is a difference I'm sure it would be just be a small change in the mounts. They did it for the Xterra's.

Give them a call.

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

Last edited:

double moo

Adventurer
mcm4090 said:
I like to see what types spare tire carriers they come out with for the Frontier utili-track.:sombrero:

My office is about 1/2 a block from their new shop. I stopped in there for the first time yesterday - nice guys all round. Bear showed me the tire rack he has set up in the Nismo along with the Hi-Lift mount shown above. Tire rack was nicely done - says he can pop in out in under a minute to make room for a parts run.

Nice to see someone turn their hobby into a living.

mcm4090

Explorer
I got the Black Widow hi-lift mounts for the utili-track and installed them on my Frontier.

First are a few comparison pictures of the Black Widow hi-lift mount and my old hi-lift mount.
The BWOR mount has a wider base and is shorter so the weight is better distributed on the utili-track. With My old set up, I could make the track flex up and down with my hand even with the jack off. With the BWOR mount there is little to no deflection.
057.jpg

056.jpg

Here you can see how close the jack is to the bed keeping it out of the way.

062.jpg

061.jpg

Another thing I like about the BWOR mount is twist knobs on the base. When using the chats I had to align the studs to the jack and align the tab on the chats with track limiting the positions where I could install the mount. With the Black Widow mounts I can place the jack exactly where I want it.
060.jpg

059.jpg

mcm4090

Explorer
I originally wanted to mount the jack on the horizontal track behind rear window but that track is not as deep as the other tracks in bed so the twist knobs bolts for the base were to long.

Here you can see that only the spring nut will fit in the smaller track if installed backwards.
058.jpg

With the right size twist knob it would mount there. I know they have a different length twist knobs if mounting to the floor track. I'm going to contacting them to see if they can get me the knobs I need.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I don't even own a nissan, and I'm drooling over this. 'Bout time y'all nissans got some aftermarket "love".

regards from jeepland,

-Brian

sami

Explorer
Better call them asap if your looking into these.. They are officially closed for good..

I hear the fab guy Sean will be doing some work from home though, so maybe there's a chance to still grab stuff like this..

Sucks.. Hard for a small company to try and make it in today's market.

hovenator

Explorer
That blows!!!! Just when I was starting my build and in need of quality stuff from a place like Black Widow and that happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle