I think it might finally be done...

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I've gotten this 2019 Power Wagon to the point where I can't really think of anything else I can do to improve our overlanding experience. We have been using it a ton this year and the entire family loves the way it turned out.
This truck is sweet! Just a few questions:
- What brand of rock sliders?
- Who makes the front bumper
- What mount did you use for the pillar/ditch lights that works with the AEV Raised Air Intake?

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
This truck is sweet! Just a few questions:
- What brand of rock sliders?
- Who makes the front bumper
- What mount did you use for the pillar/ditch lights that works with the AEV Raised Air Intake?
Thank You! Its been a fun build and experience.

Rock Sliders were made by AVS Outfitters in Albuquerque NM.
Front and rear bumpers were made by SOB Fabrication in Carrizozo NM.
The ditch light mounts were from SDHQ website.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
Thank You! Its been a fun build and experience.

Rock Sliders were made by AVS Outfitters in Albuquerque NM.
Front and rear bumpers were made by SOB Fabrication in Carrizozo NM.
The ditch light mounts were from SDHQ website.
Thank you for the info. I had a 2012 Power Wagon that I really liked. In 2020 I decided I wanted a change and got a 2020 Raptor. That lasted a year until I ordered my 2021 TRX. Truth be told, I think the wife would have wished I just kept the old Power Wagon or got a new one back in 2020. I love my TRX, but I’ve always got an eye on the Power Wagons.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Thank you for the info. I had a 2012 Power Wagon that I really liked. In 2020 I decided I wanted a change and got a 2020 Raptor. That lasted a year until I ordered my 2021 TRX. Truth be told, I think the wife would have wished I just kept the old Power Wagon or got a new one back in 2020. I love my TRX, but I’ve always got an eye on the Power Wagons.
the TRX's are so cool. I would get one, but it wouldn't support the weight of overlanding gear i would need.

ramblinChet

We don’t overland or tow anything heavy, so the TRX works. If we were getting into the overland thing I’d look at a Power Wagon again. Most of my off roading now is forrest service roads during hunting season.

Power Wagons have very low payload also - a Honda Ridgeline has more. Keep in mind that payload includes the weight of the driver, passengers, any fuel in your tank, etc. With all of my gear including food and water, a full bag of gas, and myself included, on a certified scale I have 51% of my payload remaining. This is ideal for not only suspension, but also for braking, cooling, handling, etc.

So, what are your plans for the TRX and what will it be used for?

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
Power Wagons have very low payload also - a Honda Ridgeline has more. Keep in mind that payload includes the weight of the driver, passengers, any fuel in your tank, etc. With all of my gear including food and water, a full bag of gas, and myself included, on a certified scale I have 51% of my payload remaining. This is ideal for not only suspension, but also for braking, cooling, handling, etc.

So, what are your plans for the TRX and what will it be used for?
The TRX is my daily driver, go to the woods hunting truck, pontoon boat puller, and the family long distance road tripper. I have around 23,000 miles on it, and I’ve really enjoyed the truck. The fuel economy is similar to what my 2012 Power Wagon was (that’s not a compliment to the Power Wagon). It’s hard to not smile every time I start the truck.

You make a good argument regarding payload. A Ford Super Duty with the Tremor package might be a good option. I’m still waiting to see more on the Chevy Silverado 2500 ZR2 as well.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Overlanding TRX is kind of like overlanding a Raptor. You can do it no problem but you're making concessions where you otherwise [probably] wouldn't have to.

My next truck will be an F250 SCAB W/6.75 Bed and the 7.3 Godzilla. Shouldn't have any concessions, just like a power wagon.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
The TRX is very cool but it scares me - both the horsepower and the price!
The 2023 prices scare me! A 2023 optioned as my 2021 is $20,000 more!

The horsepower is fun, and from a dig there isn’t a lot that will run with the truck. Once you hit 60 or 70mph it’s quick for a truck, but there are a lot of things out there that will be faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears